Why become a member? ×

9v Batteries

Jobiebass

I use the procell PP3's for most things - radio systems, basses, effects etc and find them pretty good as they are rebranded Duracell.

Expect to pay around £10 to £12 + Post for £10. I usually get mine from CPC (www.cpc.co.uk) when I'm ordering other bits

Andy :)

Home bargains do Phillips Extra ones for 99p each. I buy them in rounds of 5s so i always have spares! great for wireless. especially since more often than not ill only use them about a quartre up but im not happy not having a fresh one in before each gig.

Has anyone used [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/10-x-ULTRALIFE-LITHIUM-PP3-9V-BATTERYs-FREE-UK-POSTAGE_W0QQitemZ290238884773QQihZ019QQcategoryZ50615QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]ULTRALIFE[/url] lithium batteries? Its claimed they last 5 times longer than normal 9v batts, but I'm sure I heard somewhere that they are marginally larger and might be a bit of a squeeze in some battery compartments :)

[quote name='bassicinstinct' post='224287' date='Jun 22 2008, 05:40 PM']Duracell Procell via eBay.

I pay £8.99 for 10 including P&P.

Unbeatable value for money IMHO.[/quote]

Was really considering them.

Awesome, thanks all for your replys. Ill get myself some.

[quote name='andyonbass' post='224316' date='Jun 22 2008, 06:19 PM']Has anyone used [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/10-x-ULTRALIFE-LITHIUM-PP3-9V-BATTERYs-FREE-UK-POSTAGE_W0QQitemZ290238884773QQihZ019QQcategoryZ50615QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]ULTRALIFE[/url] lithium batteries? Its claimed they last 5 times longer than normal 9v batts, but I'm sure I heard somewhere that they are marginally larger and might be a bit of a squeeze in some battery compartments :)[/quote]

Hi I use Ultralife Lithium. They are slightly larger than standard, but fit in my Urge bass and Yamaha NE-2 pedal with no problem.

Regards

Will.

[quote name='Jobiebass' post='224467' date='Jun 22 2008, 09:21 PM']Was really considering them.

Awesome, thanks all for your replys. Ill get myself some.[/quote]

You won't regret it.

I've been using them for years with no problems at all and they last for ages - up to [b]10 times[/b] the normal Duracells!!

[quote name='backwater' post='224263' date='Jun 22 2008, 04:50 PM']I use the procell PP3's for most things - radio systems, basses, effects etc and find them pretty good as they are rebranded Duracell.

Expect to pay around £10 to £12 + Post for £10. I usually get mine from CPC (www.cpc.co.uk) when I'm ordering other bits

Andy :)[/quote]

++ to procells. They work out to about £1 per pp3 and you just pick up boxes of them at electronic wholesalers or Ebay.

[quote name='Finbar' post='224628' date='Jun 23 2008, 12:00 AM']I did find that Duracells wouldn't fit in my Conklin, and then when I decided I may as well put them to use in my wireless isntead, they had no juice in them! I've been put off Duracells ever since ¬_¬[/quote]

?? I have a Conklin and I feed it duracells or procells. What model is yours?

[url="http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/ped2005michael_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_fromZQQ_mdoZ"]http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/ped2005mic...QQ_fromZQQ_mdoZ[/url]

30 GP Super alkaline PP3 9 volt batteries, the expiry date is July 2011 for £3.00 +£4.00 p&p bargin or what

Edited by ironside1966

[quote name='Jobiebass' post='224258' date='Jun 22 2008, 04:44 PM']Quick question,

Whats the best battery out there for the money and where is the best place to get them from for say a ten pack.

heard diff batteries are diff sizes, im right in saying Duracell work fine in Musicman basses right?[/quote]

Duracell are the best fit in a Musicman. They are a consistant fit and are nice and snug. Other batteries I've used on occasion have needed a bit of insulation tape on them to prevent movement.

I change a standard Duracell battery in my Stingray about once per month and have never had reliability problems.

Simon. :)

just a note to say that there are a lot - and I mean a lot - of fake Duracells out there - google Duracell Fake and see what comes up and ther's a big warning on Duracell website.

They look okay until you realise the packaging/card is more basic with a disclaimer about 'not being aligned with the manufacturer' or something on it and the battery itself is a bit roughly made around the bottom etc...

Caveat Emptor ( excuse me if my Latin not up to standard )

Any TSOs reading this ?

• 10 months later...