Why become a member? ×

I wonder why there's not much interest in this Roadworn Jazz ?

gjones

Looks like a nice Fender Roadworn with case included. With one day to go it's sitting at £150. They usually go for around £600. Am I missing something?

Edit: Yes a link would be handy [url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281163495099?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281163495099?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649[/url]

Edited by gjones

[size=4][quote name='topo morto' timestamp='1378639218' post='2202609']
That wasn't very discreet... aargh dammit!
[/quote]

And also there is more than 23 hours to go...
...if there's going to be a feeding frenzy it'll happen in the last five minutes.[/size]

Edited by discreet

[quote name='JapanAxe' timestamp='1378643342' post='2202658']
Reading the description, 'free economy delivery' actually means 'collection, or courier at buyer's expense'. Redruth is a long way from most places in the UK', hence no feeding frenzy.
[/quote]
I think both things will put off buyers. It say Free P+P but this isn't the case. I've found that any confusion in the listing puts people off biding.

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1378670750' post='2203125']
I'm a bit confused . He says it's a 70's "repro" and calls it a Road Worn. How can you tell if it's one of the legendary Mex Road Worns, or it has just been towed 150 miles up the M6?
[/quote]

Comparing the photos he has with some on a Google images search, it looks to have the correct generic aging of the Roadworn Jazzes. Also, the aged tuners and the checking on the back of the headstock look to be correct.

The fact that he labels it a '70s repro rather than the '60s Classic Series might suggest he doesn't know what he has.

I'll watch this one with interest ;)

It was me boys and girls. I too assumed it was a RW, from the tuners and checking. Either way I was after a jazz for a project or backup anyway.

Unfortunatly the seller sent me a message stating he forgot to put a buy it now price on it, and is no longer for sale.
My guess someone has offered him a lot more than what it finished on, or he wanted more than what it went for.

Something doesn't smell quiet right so I'll be contacting eBay with this.

[quote name='Prime_BASS' timestamp='1378731387' post='2203803']
...the seller sent me a message stating he forgot to put a buy it now price on it, and is no longer for sale. My guess someone has offered him a lot more than what it finished on, or he wanted more than what it went for... [size=4]I'll be contacting eBay with this.[/size]
[/quote]

Yes, that's well out of order. It's one thing to pull an auction before it ends but quite another to change the terms AFTER the winning bid. A winning bid constitutes a legal contract between you and the seller under eBay rules.
[size=4]Totally unacceptable, in my humble opinion.[/size]

Edited by discreet

[quote name='Prime_BASS' timestamp='1378731387' post='2203803']
It was me boys and girls. I too assumed it was a RW, from the tuners and checking. Either way I was after a jazz for a project or backup anyway.

Unfortunatly the seller sent me a message stating he forgot to put a buy it now price on it, and is no longer for sale.
My guess someone has offered him a lot more than what it finished on, or he wanted more than what it went for.

Something doesn't smell quiet right so I'll be contacting eBay with this.
[/quote]

Sorry to hear that, what a plonker!

I hope you can get something sorted.

Given his feedback score of over 300, you'd think he'd know how ebay works. Hoepfully risking this 100% feedback might make him change his mind.

[quote name='Prime_BASS' timestamp='1378733161' post='2203841']
EBay don't make it easy to contact them, and it's even harder to complain since I haven't handed any funds over to him yet, and obviously won't if he doesn't intend to sell it to me.

Very frustrating.
[/quote]
eBay aren't the easier to contact but if you bought an item and the seller refuses to sell to you then in that case it is easy to contact them.

For what it's worth you can also leave negative feedback.

I feel that there's a few possibilities.....

1. He didn't know the real worth of his bass and didn't set a realistic starting price (The description is certainly very vague). He then got a shock when somebody messaged him to say he was selling it at too low a price and possibly they offered much more than £230.

2. He's just a numpty and isn't happy with the price he's been offered.

I have to say £230 is a ridiculously low price for a bass worth £600 and if I was him I'd probably be reluctant to part with it too. He's going to have to bite the bullet and take the negative feedback and Ebay flak coming his way.

Edited by gjones