Why become a member? ×

Best way to tell the wife..... ' I've just bought a new bass !'

Tullfan

[quote name='Cameronj279' timestamp='1379130123' post='2209011']
I wouldn't be able to shut up about a new bass.

I think everybody is in agreement that we don't or certainly shouldn't hide things like this from our other halves. The way I see it as long as you have enough money to live at the end of it spend as much as you see fit
[/quote]

this is just like me - 'look, new bass, new bass!!' <jumping around like an excited puppy> 'LOOK - NEW BASS!'...

only to be deflated by a 'and how, precisely, is that any better than the ones you already have?' :blush:

[quote name='Westie9' timestamp='1379067296' post='2208259']

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]It's our wedding anniversary on Sunday. I'm sure she asked for an MXR Compressor and a Lava Patch Cable Kit ? [/font][/color]
[/quote]

I was looking at those Lava Patch Cable Kits in the Anne Summers catalogue just the other day !

[quote name='Baxter' timestamp='1379758665' post='2216460']
I'm about to go and put a deposit down on a Coronado reissue. It wont be here for a few weeks - so that'll give me enough time to think up a good story/sell some gear/rob a petrol station/etc.....
[/quote]

Setup a fake bass site which happens to be running a competition to win a Coronado bass! The closing date is the day yours arrives

Low and behold you win it - wow !!!!! :D

[quote name='MiltyG565' timestamp='1379883018' post='2217881']
"You know all that money that we didn't have? Well good news! I found a use for it!".
[/quote]

That's about right! Who could possibly be upset about spending money you haven't got on a bass instead of spending money you haven't got on a kitchen?? - Don't bother to answer - I already know. :)

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1379883189' post='2217887']
That's about right! Who could possibly be upset about spending money you haven't got on a bass instead of spending money you haven't got on a kitchen?? - Don't bother to answer - I already know. :)
[/quote]

What is about women and kitchens? If you suggest they should spend more time there or that the kitchen is where they belong they go mental , yet they always want a new one . The way they carry on, you would think they would be happy you had bought a new bass so they could borrow it to form an anarcho-feminist post-punk band like The Slits and write songs about what a mistake they had made getting married , how" the system" isn't fair and oppresses women , and how much they want a split- level breakfast bar with wipe-clean formica top and a ceramic hob as soon as their loser husband coughs up the money for one . :P

Edited by Dingus

• 5 weeks later...

I have never 'needed' to buy a bass or 'had' to buy a bass for any particular reason. I've been fairly fortunate in that I only buy another bass when I want one.
They are not the tools of my trade unlike some of you guys so I tend to look for things that I can afford at that time.
If I can afford it my better half doesn't mind too much.
That said I will shortly be looking for a new home for my 4x10 and 1x15 cabs as this will been seen as general decluttering which is a good thing apparently.