Why become a member? ×

Meow etc.

Cat

Since I've technically been a member of this forum for four years, I thought it was about time I got round to an introduction since I seem to have been fairly remiss in that area. Especially as I've recently come out of lurk mode.

I'm a lady cat originating from Scotland but currently lurking in among the mad dogs and Englishmen who don't fear the midday sun. Utterly barking! (Pardon the pun.) As a ginge, the sun and I have a tentative understanding. It hides for most of the year and the rest of the time, I lurk in the shadows shaking my fist in its direction and uttering profanities under my breath.

I first picked up a bass about ten years ago but didn't seriously start playing until 2008. And even then, my time with the deep side has been a bit choppy as that silly "life" thing got in the way, resulting (at one point) in the lamentable sale of my beloved Peavey Fury, so I've been a start and stop player for most of this time. Fortunately I can give it more attention now and, I confess, I've flitted back and forth between bass and six string for a while, but my obvious talent lies with the bass - and I get much more fun from playing it than anything else.

So here I am, out of the proverbial, as it were. I am bassist, hear me roa... mew. ;)

~~ Hazel

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1378322469' post='2198687']
Hey Hazel,

Some kind of welcome to this part of the surface then, seeing as you've been here twice as long as I have, and we've spoken before.

Keep posting and enjoy!

best,
bert
[/quote]

I never do things in the right order. ;)

Thanks for the welcome, Bert.

[quote name='steve-bbb' timestamp='1378364804' post='2199058']
it may interest you to know that this site was supposed to be [b]basscat[/b].co.uk but there was a typo error when the domain name was registered .... apparently :huh:
[/quote]

Hah! Knew there was a reason I preferred this forum. ;)