Why become a member? ×

Staffordshire Bass Meet Up - 11/08

Ok, lets settle on the 11th at Cheddatom's studio. :)

Could you confirm Cheddatom, and I'll amend the opening post to this thread

Also maybe an Admin could change the name of the thread to say 'Staffordshire Bass Meet Up - 11/08'

I'll be happy with any date as long as my consultant will let me drive again after my wrist op. I'm seeing the occupational therapist on Friday, so hoping for good news. Fingers crossed but that might just be a side effect of the RA. :D
I want to try out different basses to see which would be best suited for me to get back into playing again.

[quote name='Ian Savage' timestamp='1374084242' post='2145165']
I'll be playing it by ear as to whether I can get, doing a 'take-it-as-it-comes' summer holiday this year so don't know when I'll be in the country - if I am I'm there! And Shell, car-share sounds good to me :)
[/quote]

OK Ian, I'll PM you nearer the date. :-)

[quote name='64k' timestamp='1374080977' post='2145110']
Ok, lets settle on the 11th at Cheddatom's studio. :)

Could you confirm Cheddatom, and I'll amend the opening post to this thread

Also maybe an Admin could change the name of the thread to say 'Staffordshire Bass Meet Up - 11/08'
[/quote]

Sunday the 11th, confirmed! I shall provide tea, coffee (instant cheap crap as I don't drink it) and some biscuits. Anything else required? What sort of time are we thinking?

[quote name='cheddatom' timestamp='1374132455' post='2145524']
Sunday the 11th, confirmed! I shall provide tea, coffee (instant cheap crap as I don't drink it) and some biscuits. Anything else required? What sort of time are we thinking?
[/quote]

Cool, I was originally thinking 1 - 5pm ?

Excellent! If this is final, 64k, could you please amend both the thread title and your initial message so that it shows the details? (Presumably the complete address will only be divulged to participants by PM.)
You can edit a thread you started by going into your first post and using the "Advanced Editor".
When all is done I'll tweet the thread to our followers.

I won't be able to attend, I'm afraid, both because it's a bit out of my way and because I have another commitment anyway, but I'm happy to spread the word to the BC community and beyond :)

Edited by bluejay

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1374136793' post='2145589']
Excellent! If this is final, 64k, could you please amend both the thread title and your initial message so that it shows the details? (Presumably the complete address will only be divulged to participants by PM.)
You can edit a thread you started by going into your first post and using the "Advanced Editor".
When all is done I'll tweet the thread to our followers.

I won't be able to attend, I'm afraid, both because it's a bit out of my way and because I have another commitment anyway, but I'm happy to spread the word to the BC community and beyond :)
[/quote]

Yeah I believe where final on the date and location, I will updated the thread.

A tweet to your follower would be great, thank you.

[quote name='tayste_2000' timestamp='1374134841' post='2145563']
Can we create a list of whose coming and what they're bringing?

1. Tayste - 1970's Ampeg B-15, 3 Overwater Originals (5 string, 4 string, 4 string fretless), Fender Pawn Shop Mustang, full pedalboard.
[/quote]

my mouths watering, Tayste

1. Tayste - 1970's Ampeg B-15, 3 Overwater Originals (5 string, 4 string, 4 string fretless), Fender Pawn Shop Mustang, full pedalboard.
2. 64k - Fender Jazz (Modern Player), Roland GR55.

[quote name='64k' timestamp='1374137261' post='2145602']
my mouths watering, Tayste

2. 64k - Fender Jazz (Modern Player), Roland GR55.
[/quote]

Hopefully I'll also include a few more basses and my Matamp rig, but I'm interested in trying the GR-55 having seen Gary Willis last night.

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1374137591' post='2145608']
Tweeted! I will retweet periodically. When you have decided on the times, could you please add them to your first post too?
[/quote]

Added preliminary times, though waiting for Cheddatom to confirm :)