Why become a member? ×

Staffordshire Bass Meet Up - 11/08

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1373908725' post='2143018']
This is all sounding rather good! :)

I'm free most Saturdays or Sundays over the coming weeks, so hopefully will be able to make it.
Maybe some of us could look at sharing transport from Brum?
[/quote]

Might be up for that Shell - guitarist myself too! Not sure if my amp's up to the job but we could find out...

Really pleased that we're getting quite a bit of interest for the meet up :)

Let me know if you have suggestions for things to do on the day.

I've messaged both Rhythm Foundry and Academy of Sound, no reply as yet, I have a lesson this evening so I shall call into Academy of Sound and have a word with Dean at Rhythm Foundry.

Hi guys

I'd love to come if I'm free - weekends are a bit busy but I'll see what I can do once there's some consensus. I'll bring some free BC lanyards with me for everyone. If I can't come, I'll post a box of them to be there instead (the box of lanyards will probably be just as interesting company lol)

Cheers guys,

ped

[quote name='ped' timestamp='1373972163' post='2143670']
Hi guys

I'd love to come if I'm free - weekends are a bit busy but I'll see what I can do once there's some consensus. I'll bring some free BC lanyards with me for everyone. If I can't come, I'll post a box of them to be there instead (the box of lanyards will probably be just as interesting company lol)

Cheers guys,

ped
[/quote]

That would be a great, being a programmer, I loves my lanyards! :)

Maybe some T-Shirts to sell also?

Edited by 64k

Looks like the Leopard Pub is booked for the 10th, doh, looking into the 17th of August.

Spoke to Chris at Rhythm Foundry and he has kindly offered to give us a demo and answer any practical/theory question people have.

I can't do the 10th but could make the 17th

I wonder if it might be worth doing it at my recording studio? It's a bit further out than Burslem at ST7 1PW but I have a huge collection of pedals, drum kit, and could always record a jam... Just a suggestion

[quote name='cheddatom' timestamp='1374050322' post='2144542']
I can't do the 10th but could make the 17th

I wonder if it might be worth doing it at my recording studio? It's a bit further out than Burslem at ST7 1PW but I have a huge collection of pedals, drum kit, and could always record a jam... Just a suggestion
[/quote]

I'm happy with that Cheddatom, how big is the studio?

Are we looking at 17 Aug now? That would be my preference although I could make 10th as well.

Location not an issue - either way it will be a bit of an expedition from Brum, but hopefully some of us can share transport! :)

BTW I'd love a bit of a jam, but fear that anything involving me might not be worth recording! :huh:

oh balls, sorry, just realised I can't do the 17th

Sorry guys, if we want to use my place on a Saturday it's the 31st or August is out. Sundays I could do the 11th.

I shan't be offended if you stick with the original Burslem plan, and hopefully I'd be able to free up an hour to come and meet some BCers.

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1374063766' post='2144837']
BTW I'd love a bit of a jam, but fear that anything involving me might not be worth recording! :huh:
[/quote]

Don't worry I'm sure I'm worse :)

[quote name='cheddatom' timestamp='1374064439' post='2144856']
oh balls, sorry, just realised I can't do the 17th

Sorry guys, if we want to use my place on a Saturday it's the 31st or August is out. Sundays I could do the 11th.

I shan't be offended if you stick with the original Burslem plan, and hopefully I'd be able to free up an hour to come and meet some BCers.
[/quote]

I'd like to keep it in August and at the studio sound like a really good idea.

I can do Sunday the 11th of August, can anyone else ?

If not we'll revert to the 17th of August at the Leopard :)

I think the 10th is out as we don't have a venue on available on that date.

Edited by 64k