Why become a member? ×

Who's up for another South East Bass Bash?

silverfoxnik

The West End Centre in Aldershot might be a good place. I have done lots of gigs there and they have lots of rooms or areas. They also have a bar, lots of parking out the back and close to a mainline train station.

If I am free I might be able to make it. I could bring my Stagg EUB along.

Edited by Linus27

[quote name='johnnylager' post='214250' date='Jun 7 2008, 10:53 AM']Somewhere near a train station would be lush.....[/quote]
Which would make last years venue good as it was right by the station - and a couple of minutes from my office carpark

So count me in assuming I am about - which is more than likely

[quote name='stingrayfan' post='214693' date='Jun 8 2008, 01:01 AM']Count me in silver fox.[/quote]
Great to see such a response from everyone and Matt, it'll be really good to see you! Haven't seen you on here as much lately (or is that just me..).

I'm up for it if i'm about.

How's Reading for everyone, I can probably sort out a deal at Plug'nPlay studios given enough notice. Nice big live room with a stage, also seperate rooms should needs be, and a bar :)

[url="http://www.plugnplay.tv"]www.plugnplay.tv[/url]

[quote name='gilmour' post='216550' date='Jun 11 2008, 12:49 AM']I'm up for it if i'm about.

How's Reading for everyone, I can probably sort out a deal at Plug'nPlay studios given enough notice. Nice big live room with a stage, also seperate rooms should needs be, and a bar :huh:

[url="http://www.plugnplay.tv"]www.plugnplay.tv[/url][/quote]

The Madejski Stadium might be better - they do hot dogs too :)

[quote name='Hamster' post='216553' date='Jun 11 2008, 01:01 AM']The Madejski Stadium might be better - they do hot dogs too :)[/quote]

Even better for me - i'm only 2 mins walk away! Although we may struggle to fill it, and they often have stuff on at the weekends, somethign to do with football... :huh:

I'd be happy to join the party. I'm half-way between Reading and Guildford, so either would be OK with me.

What's the form then? Aside from my 12, right now I don't have anything particularly outstanding to to bring to the party...I mean, everyone knows Ashdown stuff, everyone knows Fender...
P

[quote name='NancyJohnson' post='216593' date='Jun 11 2008, 08:36 AM']I mean, everyone knows Ashdown stuff,[/quote]

Personally, I've never heard an Ashdown amp even switch on. Seriously!

But, back to the main thread, yeah bring it on. I'd be well up for it.
FWIW I'm free 23/08 and 30/08 but not 06/09.

Funny Nik, I was thinking about this whilst walking to work this morning, I'm definitely in if I'm free!

As last year I will also throw in the Harlequin Theatre in Redhill as an option, couple of function rooms combined into on are easily the size of the Northants bass bash room, plus there's a bar :)

What happens at these then? Do people just bring along cool stuff for other people to try in a non-judgmental way? Or is it a testosterone-filled w***-fest for people to look down on your gear and your talent?

If it's the latter, count me in.

:)

[quote name='Galilee' post='216721' date='Jun 11 2008, 11:22 AM']What happens at these then? Do people just bring along cool stuff for other people to try in a non-judgmental way? Or is it a testosterone-filled w***-fest for people to look down on your gear and your talent?

If it's the latter, count me in.

:huh:[/quote]

If that were the case, it'd have to be renamed 'guitar-bash'. :)

[quote name='Merton' post='216681' date='Jun 11 2008, 10:24 AM']Funny Nik, I was thinking about this whilst walking to work this morning, I'm definitely in if I'm free!

As last year I will also throw in the Harlequin Theatre in Redhill as an option, couple of function rooms combined into on are easily the size of the Northants bass bash room, plus there's a bar :)[/quote]
Cheers Mert!

Seems we have a few suggestions in the hat for venues.. I'll try to list them all tonight and the dates people have proposed so we can makes some decisions..

Nik

P.S. love the joke about guitar-fest! However, at the last Bass Bash in March there was a stray guitarist in the ranks, masquerading as a bass player...

If it's on a Sunday I'm almost definitely in. The Harlequin sounds like a brilliant idea as well, seeing as it's only a 20-minute train journey from here. That'd save me having to drive and missing out on the bar :)

Okay!

What we have so far are these proposals for venues and dates:

VENUES:
1. Backline Studios, Guildford - where it was held last year
2. Plug n Play Studios, Reading
3. Harlequin Theatre, Redhill

DATES:
1. Sat 30 August
2. Sun 31 aug
3. Sat 06 Sep
4. Sun 07 Sep

We won't find dates that suit everybody, especially with the end of August being holiday time, so as a suggestion let's also throw the following weekend into the mix as well, i.e.:

05. Sat 13 Sep
06. Sun 14 Sep

People who have said they're interested so far are:

01. Silverfoxnik
02. OBBM
03. Dood
04. Bass_ferret
05. S_u_y
06. allighatOr
07. johnnylager
08. jakesbass
09. Ped
10. Hamster
11. Gamble
12. Nick Thomas
13. Zach
14. Lowdown
15. craigonbass
16. Lonestar
17. BigBeefChief
18. Wooks
19. Clauster
20. Mr_russ
21. Linus 27
22. stewart
23. Bassninja
24. Rodders
25. Molan
26. WalMan
27. Cetera
28. Stingrayfan
29. Gilmour
30. NancyJohnson
31. Coasterbass
32. Merton
33. Galillee
34. Joe S
35. bear-foot-bass
36. WithoutRisk_Bass

I think that's it?? That's more than enough to make it a great day :)

My preferred venue would be Backline or The Harlquin as it's a bit nearer for me but ultimately, anywhere suggested is OK really. I'd also chuck in Water Rats Studios in Surrey as well but they maybe a bit small?

And dates wise, I'm OK for all of them.. Does anyone know how to do a Poll on this, so we can be uber-democratic and vote on it?

Sorry if I've missed anyone or their suggestions out!

Nik