Why become a member? ×

Worro from the "Black Country"

worroourkid

Hi
I'm just an age'd rocker who's recently picked up a bass again to join a local pub trio; two acoustic/electric guitars + bass [i](with self-programmed drumtrax[/i]), after thirty years performing (and making a living) solo, but having health issues that have restricted my singing/vocal range. Not a reader but a reasonable ear!!
Gear is simple but efficient & all I want or need; Gibson EB2013 bass, plus a TC BG250 combo that we DI into the PA as required.
Music genre is wide & varied, acoustic rock, 60's & 70's (Stones/Clapton/Lizzy/Cale/Petty/Free/Fairport, etc) plus originals.

Hope to pick up some helpful tips and to being able to donate a little too in the fulness of time.

Cheers.............Brian ;)

Edited by worroourkid

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1371997130' post='2120433']
Hey Brian,

Welcome!
I like your style. Supposing, that is, that you DI, and the guitars are unmic'ed. ;-)

Enjoy the site!

best,
bert
[/quote]

Ha Ha, I get it :D I have edited the post to acoustic/electric to avoid any confusion!!

So where exactly is Soegne? I had many, many happy days & memories of playing (bars & busking) in Norway, but it was a long time ago; mainly in Oslo but also in Stavanger, Bergen & Kristiansand...............aah, GREAT days!!

Edited by worroourkid

[quote name='worroourkid' timestamp='1371997742' post='2120435']
I have edited the post to acoustic/electric to avoid any confusion!!
[...]
So where exactly is Soegne?
[/quote]

You silly man! Shouldn't edit a perfec pos!
Soegne is just left of Kristiansand, and actually its neighbour community.

You're not by any chance actually telling me you were in that very good duo from the UK that did Kristiansand at the end of the eighties, are you? Nah. Would've been a bit too accidental, I gather.

b,
b

Firstly thank you all for your kind welcomes, much appreciated.

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1372016885' post='2120736']
You silly man! Shouldn't edit a perfec pos! [/quote]

Gotcha !!.........you thought I took the bait, but I was just jesting too. :D

Wonderful place Kristiansand; I used to gig in a cellar bar called "Yeppes"; as I remember, below a hotel called "The Hotel Christian Quart" (or something like that); quite a sedate place, 4 x 40 min spots each night, sat on a stool with an acoustic guitar, for a month at a time, one night off a week!!
Also worked another bar across town that I can't remember the name of , but it was more like a wild west saloon, lots of booze & fighting......as I said, happy days :lol:
You are very lucky to live in such a beautiful part of the world, I would love to get back there someday......best wishes.

[quote name='3below' timestamp='1372016468' post='2120727']
Welcome, long time since I frequented "Qorry Bonk", is Ma Pardoe's still going strong ?
[/quote]

Yeah, Pardoes (wonderful local "home brew" pub) is still very much going strong and I should know, I contribute quite considerably to their profits!! :D

Right................I'm off to have a look around the forum!!

Edited by worroourkid

Welcome. :-)

Have you ever played at the Barge and Barrel in Tipton? Great pub with a friendly atmosphere. They do a jam night every second Tues of the month. I'm usually there with one or both of my dubious bands :-)

It's a fun night, though standards do vary :D