Why become a member? ×

How to store the music from YouTube vids as mp3

BassTractor

How does one do that these days?
Fewer and fewer of my programs work, and the same goes for the online services I used previously.

If this is difficult, I'd also be interested to learn how one downloads the complete vid now YT have more advanced techniques to hinder this.

Thanks!

best,
bert

I use Audigy to simply record any audio as it is being played to a wav file and then convert to any format I want.

it's the equivalent of plugging a recorder into the audio output and therefore is pretty much immune to any form of content management/protection system.

[quote name='flyfisher' timestamp='1370792479' post='2105554']
Audigy [...] is pretty much immune to any form of content management/protection system.
[/quote]

Bull's eye!
Thanks everyone for the input. For me personally, Audigy is probably the way forward, though the yt-mp3.org service does work again, and I've downloaded a few songs that are impossible to find outside YT.

b,
b

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1370788441' post='2105502']
How does one do that these days?
Fewer and fewer of my programs work, and the same goes for the online services I used previously.

If this is difficult, I'd also be interested to learn how one downloads the complete vid now YT have more advanced techniques to hinder this.

Thanks!

best,
bert
[/quote]

just watch out for all the freeware avaialable - theres usually a little unpleasant payload inside it somewhere

do you have a decent soundcard? you can always play the vid and record the audio stream using audacity

Edited by steve-bbb

I just download the Video with Real Player free.
Import the Video file complete with audio file into my DAW.
Delete the Video file, then tidy up/trim the Audio file by getting rid of any mess at the start and end.
Bring up the volume if needed, then just export.

Garry

I've been using FreeStudio for a long time - it's .....free!!

Yuotube changes its parameters frequently & the FreeStudio team updates just as frequently. It also does many, many things over & above downloading MP3s.

http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/free-dvd-video-software.htm

G.

[quote name='Gust0o' timestamp='1370878984' post='2106765']
Just to be clear, BassTractor, you wouldn't be advocating this form of capture for the purposes, say, of procuring copyrighted material for less than it's current retail value?
[/quote]

Haha. No, I wouldn't. No worries there.
Paying for copyrighted material is the only decent thing to do.

b,
b

Yup, it's unbelievably quick if they have the required vid in stock.
Other vids will take slightly less than normal play time IME, since YT doesn't transmit the whole vid at superspeed anymore, but pauses between transmitted chunks of it.

b,
b