Why become a member? ×

Minotaur Straps Communications

Billy Apple

Hi All,

A couple of months ago I bought a custom bass guitar strap from Minotaur. The custom options included an up-charge and the total on Pay-Pal was e81.00. I awaited eagerly for it's arrival. It turned up a few weeks later, and I was surprised to find out they had sent me two straps, but one was a thinner guitar strap. Also some of the custom options I requested had not been full-filled, so I contacted them. They asked me to return both of the straps to them for a refund. I sent them back recorded delivery via Royal Mail, scanning the receipts (£11.70) and emailing them to Minotaur.

Over a month has gone past and Minotaur are saying they have not received the return, or indeed my email of the receipts, and it has been re-sent a number of times. For the past two weeks my emails have not been responded too. My tracking number is saying the package has been delivered. so I have raised a grievance with Pay-Pal, only to be told that I'm now past 45 days from the original purchase, and I'm out of time.

I'm furious. I feel like I've been diddled out of my money and all response from Minotaur has dried up.

I know many on BC rate Minotaur, but I've been left with £81.11 worth of bad taste in my mouth :angry:

[size=4][b][u]BUYER BEWARE!!!!![/u][/b][/size]

Edited by Billy Apple

[quote name='BassBus' timestamp='1370033507' post='2095932']
Have a look at the UK Distance Selling Regulations. Might be something in there to help you.

[url="http://www.out-law.com/page-430#When"]http://www.out-law.com/page-430#When[/url]
[/quote]

Cheers, I will.

Billy, you seen [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/197418-minotaur-straps-be-wary-if-ordering/page__view__findpost__p__1980124__hl__minotaur__fromsearch__1"]this thread[/url]? Hmmm, not the first time this year there have been issue with Minotaur. Maybe worth contacting charic / ead to see how this ended up.

[quote name='mickster' timestamp='1370043164' post='2096066']
Billy, you seen [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/197418-minotaur-straps-be-wary-if-ordering/page__view__findpost__p__1980124__hl__minotaur__fromsearch__1"]this thread[/url]? Hmmm, not the first time this year there have been issue with Minotaur. Maybe worth contacting charic / ead to see how this ended up.
[/quote]

I'll give Charic a PM. Cheers

In my case the issue was eventually resolved. I raised an issue with Paypal and got my money back. I also got an e-mail from minotaur saying the site had been hacked and this was the cause of the problem. The sent me a 10% discount voucher but I didn't use it as I will not be troubling them again with my business.

I've just received an email from them, because Pay Pal must have been in touch with them even though it's after the 45 days. They sound very angry, and are insisting they have not received the return. They keep asking for the courier, and over and over I'm saying Royal Mail recorded delivery. They keep asking for proof of postage, and I have scanned the receipt and emailed it around 5 or 6 times, and again today!

Edited by Billy Apple

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1370097626' post='2096427']
I've just received an email from them, because Pay Pal must have been in touch with them even though it's after the 45 days. They sound very angry, and are insisting they have not received the return. They keep asking for the courier, and over and over I'm saying Royal Mail recorded delivery. They keep asking for proof of postage, and I have scanned the receipt and emailed it around 5 or 6 times, and again today!
[/quote]

My experience is that businesses in Greece can be a bit chaotic in comparison to how we tend to work in this country , so I would persist in stating you case as calmly as possible to them . As always in these kind of situations , bear in mind that they are communicatiing in English as a foreign language , and so the problem could be a breakdown in communication rather than any fundamental dishonesty . I know this is a bit of a long shot , but do you have anyone who could state your case to them on your behalf in Greek ? Might do the trick , if at all possible .

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1370100490' post='2096454']
My experience is that businesses in Greece can be a bit chaotic in comparison to how we tend to work in this country , so I would persist in stating you case as calmly as possible to them . As always in these kind of situations , bear in mind that they are communicatiing in English as a foreign language , and so the problem could be a breakdown in communication rather than any fundamental dishonesty . I know this is a bit of a long shot , but do you have anyone who could state your case to them on your behalf in Greek ? Might do the trick , if at all possible .
[/quote]

Fair enough, but my comms were being dealt with by Joanna, who seemed to be English, well seemed that way to me.

Sounds like a job for 'The Greek' :)[size=4] [/size]

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1370097626' post='2096427']
[/quote]

Remember that Royal Mail don't exist in Greece. They'll have given it to a local company to deliver - might be worth finding out who. If it's been handed over to a Greek company Royal Mail won't give a toss about helping you and it will be easier for Minotaur to chase a Greek delivery company than it will be for you.

Good luck :-)

[quote name='uncle psychosis' timestamp='1370106806' post='2096551']
Remember that Royal Mail don't exist in Greece. They'll have given it to a local company to deliver - might be worth finding out who. If it's been handed over to a Greek company Royal Mail won't give a toss about helping you and it will be easier for Minotaur to chase a Greek delivery company than it will be for you.

[/quote]
[quote name='uncle psychosis' timestamp='1370106806' post='2096551']

[/quote]

Uncle Psychosis may well have hit upon the crux of the problem here Considering what we see in the media about the rather chaotic state of Greek society at the moment , I wouldn't be surprised if the efficiency of their postal services hasn't been compromised , to put it diplomatically .

Does RM recorded delivery track internationally? I might be mixing this up with something else, but I've got a niggling feeling that it only tracks until it leaves Royal Mail and lands in the hands of somebody else, even if that somebody is another third party like the Greek mail people. I might be wrong, but I'd check the small print on what your recorded delivery actually guarantees for international shipping.

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1370029185' post='2095849']
Hi All,

A couple of months ago I bought a custom bass guitar strap from Minotaur. The custom options included an up-charge and the total on Pay-Pal was e81.00. I awaited eagerly for it's arrival. It turned up a few weeks later, and I was surprised to find out they had sent me two straps, but one was a thinner guitar strap. Also some of the custom options I requested had not been full-filled, so I contacted them. They asked me to return both of the straps to them for a refund. I sent them back recorded delivery via Royal Mail, scanning the receipts (£11.70) and emailing them to Minotaur.

Over a month has gone past and Minotaur are saying they have not received the return, or indeed my email of the receipts, and it has been re-sent a number of times. For the past two weeks my emails have not been responded too. My tracking number is saying the package has been delivered. so I have raised a grievance with Pay-Pal, only to be told that I'm now past 45 days from the original purchase, and I'm out of time.

I'm furious. I feel like I've been diddled out of my money and all response from Minotaur has dried up.

I know many on BC rate Minotaur, but I've been left with £81.11 worth of bad taste in my mouth :angry:

[b][u]BUYER BEWARE!!!!![/u][/b]
[/quote]

Jesus mate, what a total bummer. That's a lot of money and appalling service. I'd considered a Minotaur a few months ago, but I've started using the really nice (but simple) Fender strap I got with my Deluxe Strat a few years ago, it's perfectly fine and I'll be getting another.

I really hope this gets sorted for you mate.

The Royal Mail site refers to the Hellenic Post ELTA website for any further information, so it would appear to be ELTA that makes the delivery in Greece.

Best of luck with this, it's a sizeable sum to lose for absolutely nothing.

I wouldn't care, but the straps that did come were lovely, just not what I ordered. Plus I was decent enough to tell them about the extra strap they sent by mistake and return it to them. If they could supply me with what I asked for, which they said they could, then I'd be happy.

It's just the whole ordering process and communications is a bloody mare! Really wish I hadn't bothered. :([size=4] [/size]

I have to say that I have dealt with Minotaur four or five times (3 straps, 2 belts, an extra buckle & some leather jewellery) and each time the service and value has been spot on, not to mention delivery times far better than expected.

When I googled Minotaur just now, two of the results on the first page linked to this thread. I would hate to see them go out of business just because a courier screwed up a return...

Edited by peteb

[quote name='iceonaboy' timestamp='1370192056' post='2097402']
I hear Theseus is the man to call whenever Minotaur gives trouble :blush:
[/quote]

Oh my :lol:

Back to the task at hand, was it insured with Royal Mail? Just thinking out loud about his you could get your money back.

Just had the following message from Minotaur, and a refund of e92..

'we apologize for the inconvinience, thanks for your passions the parcel was found at the unclaimed in the post office! well what can i say...things happens!'

I'm happy to have my money back, even though It's taken so long. I don't want to criticize Minotaurs product, after all it was seeing Charics strap at the SE Bass Bash that I decided to place an order. And I know there are many happy Minotaur customers on the forum. But I believe there are issues with organization and comms which can leave one thinking that something is not right.

However, I'm editing the thread title to temper my initial anger at the situation.

Edited by Billy Apple

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1370174381' post='2097181']
Jesus mate, what a total bummer. That's a lot of money and appalling service. I'd considered a Minotaur a few months ago, but I've started using the really nice (but simple) Fender strap I got with my Deluxe Strat a few years ago, it's perfectly fine and I'll be getting another.

I really hope this gets sorted for you mate.
[/quote]

Cheers Buddy, just got the money back :) . Hope all is well with you?

Glad you got it sorted, but have to say that I have had a couple of transactions with Minotaur and had superb service and would happily deal with them again. As Peteb said in his post it would be sad to see them go out of business because a courier screwed up.