Why become a member? ×

Gojira Pedals.

skelf

Meet up with these guys at the Edinburgh show.
They produce some really nice work to the extent I bought the Trembulator and the Octaver. They are modding the Octave pedal for me as well. It does +1 and -1 and -2. The plus one has some dirt in it so I am getting it done as a clean plus one. I was tempted by the Mangler as well it makes some great noises.
They also produce clones of no longer available pedals.

[URL="https://www.facebook.com/gojira.effects?fref=ts"]https://www.facebook.com/gojira.effects?fref=ts[/URL]

• 3 weeks later...

I am very pleased with the Trembulator it works very well on bass and as you would expect on guitar as well. Octaver incoming along with a Mangler. They also have a new analogue Bitcrusher coming out which should be interesting.

I would also just mention that I am not associated with Gojira just a happy customer.

I've had a chat with Scott at Gojira - he's really cool and I like his ideas. I've been meaning to drop a little design of my own over as he's up for taking a look at it.

• 4 months later...

Well, I'm a pretty unhappy customer by now.

I orderd a pedal 3 months ago and still haven't got it. Scott never answered any of the emails I sent - except once, when he apologized for the holdup and told me the pedal would be shipped the next day - but this was 6 weeks ago and since then: no answer to my emails, no pedal, just nothing.

One week ago though, he was having a sale ("25% off, limited stock") of the pedal I ordered 3 months ago ... ?!?

So, I really don't understand what's going on.

[quote name='Ant' timestamp='1382978679' post='2258707']
wasnt this the guy who was refinishing/rehousing mooer pedals and selling them for loads more and then got caught out?
[/quote]

I think he got caught out a while ago, but stated he bought some mass produced circuits from China and wasn't to know.
From what I gather, his pedals now are originals or clones. Tom @ COG had a Mangler in for repair and I don't believe anything flagged up as being weird

Si

Don't get me started on this guy. I have a long traumatic history of trying to get the pedals I paid for. I got them eventually but not before tons of excuses and lies regarding when they were being posted. Had to continually pester to get any kind of info on what was going on after numerous delays.

The guy was pretty obnoxious towards the end.

I would never buy from them again.

[quote name='skelf' timestamp='1383000410' post='2259090']
That is a pity I found them to be very helpful or I would not have started a thread on them.
[/quote]

When my problems first started all I had seen were positive experiences from others so I a) wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt (obviously things can happen in life when you're a one man outfit) and B) didn't want to jeopardise my chances of actually getting the pedals I'd paid for.

Since then however I've seen a few people on the fb page with similar complaints to mine.

ymmv

;)

I think it's largely just an issue of getting too big too quickly, basic infrasturcture not in place to build lots and retain customer contact at the same time.
That's simply my observation based on others accounts and their social media updates.

Si