Why become a member? ×

Ladies moaning about husband's 'excessive' guitar practice...

fretmeister

[quote name='paulconnolly' timestamp='1367268355' post='2063566']
Wait till one of them turns it round to anal sex (and they always do). Then it'll get interesting ;)
[/quote]

I've just had a look ... no sign up fee either ! Why hadn't I heard about this years ago ?

Notice the OP's name is 'koalasrock'. Rocking doesn't happen quietly.

Edit: reminds me, I'm pretty in the habit of encouraging people to take up the instruments they've always thought of doing. dude I worked with table drummed a lot, he'd got permission from his mrs to spend a sum on a new graphics card, I sent him a link to a reasonable deal on a drum kit on gumtree, he called the guy and arranged delivery between him getting home, and his mrs getting home. Wish I could have seen her face coming home to a drum kit in the living room being played badly.

Edited by Mr. Foxen

[quote name='Jack Cahalane' timestamp='1367268379' post='2063568']
Ah, I see he has one of those "electric amps." They can get quite noisy compared to a steam powered one.
[/quote]

I have a pedal-powered one. It's kind of tricky to play a guitar or bass and pedal at the same, but needs must.

[quote name='lurksalot' timestamp='1367278528' post='2063718']
'Headphones are your friend [b]husband plays bass, i feel you' :D [/b]

Seriously though , they do speak as different language , the abreviations are way over my head
[/quote]

I think DH either means "Dear Husband" or "Dick Head"...

I'll not elaborate on what I think DS means...

[QUOTE]
I feel your pain My husband used to play the acoustic guitar most nights, which was fine as I could still do things I wanted to do without his music being too intrusive, we live in a small terrace with no room for him to have a practice space and with 2 dc asleep it meant he had to sit in the living room with me. However 2 years ago he switched to alto saxaphone, joined a jazz group and basically alienated the entire neighbourhood, and me! In the end we got electricity to the shed and he now spends every evening in there tooting away, and on a thursday he's out at his jazz class. So although the noise issue has been addressed I now never see him! he disappears to the shed the moment I take the dc upstairs for stories/bed, he's so obsessed with the sax, there is hardly any room in his life for anything else. It's taken me a while, but I'm fairly used to being a sax widow now though occasionally he doesn't come back to the house till gone 10.30pm, weekend that's ok, but mid-week I'm off to bed by then, so we don't see each other at all! [/QUOTE]
:lol:

I think I will have to follow Dingus over there for a while :blush:

[quote name='danthevan' timestamp='1367269743' post='2063608']
Been playing for 20 years and hes spent 2 hrs trying to learn Brown Eyed Girl......
[/quote]

To be honest, it's difficult hearing the chords behind all those La's.

I did think it odd though... I wouldn't have thought Van Morrison had any songs that any guitarist of 20 years would struggle with at all.

[quote name='SpaceChick' timestamp='1367283070' post='2063762']
Brilliant :lol:

I wonder if my DH is complaining on some bloke forum somewhere about my playing..... I doubt it :P

I particularly loved the electric in the shed for the saxophonist, don't know why, it just amused me :D
[/quote]

To plug his sax into his electric amplification device! :D