Why become a member? ×

Black basses: Cool or boring?

TRBboy

My trans black MP Jazz is cool, although it does show up my greasy dabs. Not that keen on solid black though , especially on electro acoustic, although the black Jack Casady I saw on you tube once looked very nice

I'm gonna sit on the wall with this one

Hope that helps😁

Edited by great harry

My Fender Reggie Hamilton Sig. Jazz bass is an all black bass that looks sooooo cool (bass, pick guard, pickups, controls and rosewood fingerboard).

But it is the only black bass that I have and I doubt I would get another all black bass (maybe with a maple neck though...).

Cheers.

Edited by Byo

As someone who owns a Bongo Stealth I have to say cool, the only non-black parts on it are the fretboard and the writing on the headstock. Having said that, if it was available I would probably order a Bongo in Tangerine pearl with a maple neck! :-)

Depends on a lot of things:
- Matte black is always cool.
- White pickguard on black is fine, black on black is usually too much (and keep the tort away from it).
- Fully blacked out basses can be cool (MM Stealth Black Stingray, Fender Aerodyne etc).

I also think certain combinations work for different genres of music. I know lots of people disagree but each genre does have a "look".
All of the above is of course just my opinion.

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1407524475' post='2521532']
Rather fond of mine as well :)

[url="http://s1354.photobucket.com/user/Karl_Altdorfer/media/DSCF0575_zps91b798d2.jpg.html"][/url]
[/quote]

That's nice. What is it exactly? Looks a lot like the Cabronita P but the reverse neck, black guard and most of all the two saddle bridge have my intrigued.

[quote name='addam360' timestamp='1407537703' post='2521695']
That's nice. What is it exactly? Looks a lot like the Cabronita P but the reverse neck, black guard and most of all the two saddle bridge have my intrigued.
[/quote]

Link from the maestro who made it happen, and yup, I'm grateful :D [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/182246-la-cabronita-porazzo-custom-precision-build/"]La Cabronita 'Porazzo' Custom Precision Build[/url]

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1407562490' post='2521778']
Link from the maestro who made it happen, and yup, I'm grateful :D [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/182246-la-cabronita-porazzo-custom-precision-build/"]La Cabronita 'Porazzo' Custom Precision Build[/url]
[/quote]
Very nice. Personally I prefer the white pickguard but everything else there looks great. I especially love the reverse headstock.

[quote name='addam360' timestamp='1407587472' post='2522056']
Very nice. Personally I prefer the white pickguard but everything else there looks great. I especially love the reverse headstock.
[/quote]

Must admit, I keep hum-ing and hah-ing about which plate.
What a problem to have :lol: