Why become a member? ×

Damn GAS just won't go away - but slightly relieved now

molan

I did a bit of a deal with my wife recently - I'll sell the odd bass or two to fund something different but ONLY if I sell something first!

So how come I've bought a Status Electro today and a Lakland DPLE and nothing has left my house (except for a wedge of cash!)?

Couldn't resist the Status as it was such a bargain and I wanted something to sit on the sofa & noddle with in the evenings & had my eyes on a Lakland for a while and thought Dave's funky green DPLE was too cool to miss out on.

So, lo & behold In the past week I've added a dinky MarkBass combo & a pair of basses to the stable. I did actually flog a pair of hi-fi speakers which paid for the MarkBass & most of the Status so I guess I can't complain too much :)

Edited by molan

[quote]Be jeezus, what speakers were they?[/quote]

Possibly the ones you get at Wembley Stadium?

Molan, yes... GAS seems to be an incurable thing for many of us. Just when you think you're satisfied with your "lot", you see something else, or think up another way of making "your sound." It's scary & quite expensive, as we've talked about in the last couple of days!

Guest MoJo

[quote name='molan' post='206923' date='May 26 2008, 11:03 PM']So how come I've bought a Status Electro today and a Lakland DPLE and nothing has left my house (except for a wedge of cash!)?[/quote]

Possibly soon to be followed by a suitcase full of your clothes and then you perhaps? :) It is a dangerous game you play

[quote name='The Burpster' post='206926' date='May 26 2008, 11:06 PM']Be jeezus, what speakers were they?
:huh:[/quote]

Acoustic Energy - original series and sat in a box for years! Sold to someone in the European Parliament in Brussels, maybe with more money than sense :)

[quote name='bassman2790' post='206974' date='May 27 2008, 12:01 AM']Possibly soon to be followed by a suitcase full of your clothes and then you perhaps? :) It is a dangerous game you play[/quote]

I think my ex-wife would have echoed your sentiments :huh:

There was a day when I popped out to buy some new strings and came home with a Laney 300w head, a huge old Fender 1x15 & a 2x10 as well. At the time my only bass amp was a tiny little Peavey - she wasn't impressed. . . . .

[quote name='molan' post='207511' date='May 27 2008, 08:00 PM']Acoustic Energy - original series and sat in a box for years! Sold to someone in the European Parliament in Brussels, maybe with more money than sense :)[/quote]paid from your taxes anyway?

I know what you mean. I have terrible GAS. Im never happy with my gear.

Ive got a good set up now, 5 string, fretless, 4 string, combo+cab, zoom b2.1u
Doesnt stop me wanting a Bongo, Burpsters P, 57 reissue, another 5 string, want rid of my combo for a head and another cab (which I have no need for) just got some new pups even though I was quite happy with the old ones.

I BLAME BASSCHAT! that and I have far too much time on my hands at work so all I do is look for more stuff to buy. Wouldnt mind a D tuner for my Ray too although I have absolutly no experiance with drop D tuning lol.

GAS is a bad bad thing.

[quote name='molan' post='207521' date='May 27 2008, 08:02 PM']There was a day when I popped out to buy some new strings and came home with a Laney 300w head, a huge old Fender 1x15 & a 2x10 as well. At the time my only bass amp was a tiny little Peavey - she wasn't impressed. . . . .[/quote]

Strange that, I poped in to get Strings and ended up with a MIM Jazz and no strings. went back in a few weeks later for the same strings and ended up with strings and my combo.

[quote name='phsycoandy' post='207596' date='May 27 2008, 09:24 PM']youll love the dple, if aint got the sweetest slim neck youll ever hold apart from the mrs that is ill eat my hat, tell me if im wrong when u get her![/quote]

Arrived today - very nice neck indeed :)

And I actually sold something as well - that means I've now bought two basses and a combo whilst selling one bass. Still means I'm "down" on the transactions so far but I did shift those hi-fi speakers so I'm only out about £50 out.

Mind you - I have just committed to spend another £600 or so & this purchase will require additional expenditure to power it up - ho, hum :huh:

Well - the Modulus VJ has gone to a good home but the Lakland & the Status have now been joined by a rather delightful Sadowsky NYC in a beautiful deep blue quiled maple finish and the MarkBass has two new, and significantly larger, EBS cabs - a 2x12 & a 2x10.

The wife is far from impressed :)

Another couple of hundred pounds worth of motorcyle bits should sell on Flea Bay this week so that'll make a bit of a dent in the debt mountain!

[quote name='molan' post='214622' date='Jun 7 2008, 09:02 PM']Well - the Modulus VJ has gone to a good home but the Lakland & the Status have now been joined by a rather delightful Sadowsky NYC in a beautiful deep blue quiled maple finish and the MarkBass has two new, and significantly larger, EBS cabs - a 2x12 & a 2x10.

The wife is far from impressed :)

Another couple of hundred pounds worth of motorcyle bits should sell on Flea Bay this week so that'll make a bit of a dent in the debt mountain![/quote]

Glad you got hold of the Sadowsky in the end - I know you have been watching that for ages... and isn't Neil a top bloke??

[quote name='molan' post='206923' date='May 26 2008, 11:03 PM']I did a bit of a deal with my wife recently - I'll sell the odd bass or two to fund something different but ONLY if I sell something first!

So how come I've bought a Status Electro today and a Lakland DPLE and nothing has left my house (except for a wedge of cash!)?

Couldn't resist the Status as it was such a bargain and I wanted something to sit on the sofa & noddle with in the evenings & had my eyes on a Lakland for a while and thought Dave's funky green DPLE was too cool to miss out on.

So, lo & behold In the past week I've added a dinky MarkBass combo & a pair of basses to the stable. I did actually flog a pair of hi-fi speakers which paid for the MarkBass & most of the Status so I guess I can't complain too much :)[/quote]
Is that all?.......You only live once.

I've been trying to trim my collection down as I would love to go to gig with only one bass. That bass being my gold warmoth 54 P bass.

I have, however, ended up with 2 12 string basses, an acoustic bass and a bass collection alongside, [i][/i]and[i][/i] an original trace elliot valve preamp combo for the 12 string.

Oh, I also have a fretless in bits and a 1973 telecaster bass in bits.

My gas now is for a Chandler Royale or Hamer B2A.

Edited by Delberthot

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='214695' date='Jun 8 2008, 01:20 AM']Glad you got hold of the Sadowsky in the end - I know you have been watching that for ages... and isn't Neil a top bloke??[/quote]

Neil was a really nice guy. Great collection of basses & more than happy to let me try any of them. And what about that collection of pedals?

Went round with a plan to spend half an hour & get back home & stayed nearly two hours :)

My GAS is killing me at the moment. It's a simple GAS aswell. All I want is a Musicman Stingray in either Black Cherryburst or Pacific Blueburst with maple neck. Failing that, Teal with maple neck would do. I would sooner have 2EQ but would settle for 3EQ. Second hand they go from £600 to £800. Not a lot of money but money I just don't have at the moment. One day maybe.

[quote name='molan' post='207511' date='May 27 2008, 08:00 PM']Acoustic Energy - original series and sat in a box for years! Sold to someone in the European Parliament in Brussels, maybe with more money than sense :)[/quote]

ah ok - they will be adding them to their expenses claim

P