Why become a member? ×

Proper Amps - With Home Practice Features

eude

Hey there,
thinking out loud about amps at the moment, I'm considering moving on my Promethean P5110 Combo for a reasonably loud (up to about 500W max), reasonably small amp head, as I already have a nice EAD cab, but I'm wondering what's out there with an Aux In and Headphone Out. I've really come to rely on these features now and don't think I could be without them.

I've been looking at the Markbass Big Bang, bit pricey though.

The TC BH250 looks pretty good, but the EQ might be a little too basic - would like separate low and high mid controls or at least a parametric mid control, it's potentially a little quiet as my cab is only 8 Ohms and I'm very concerned about build quality.

I like the look of the Ashdown MiBass 2.0, but have the same EQ concerns as with the TC.

So what else is out there folks?
(Before we start, [i][b]please[/b][/i] don't suggest buying any amp plus a headphone amp, I'd rather have it all in one compact box, hence why I've posted looking for some input...)

On a side note, there was an interesting looking microhead at the Cort booth at the London Bass Show, don't suppose anyone knows what it was?...

Thanks you lot!

Eude

I have a Genz Shuttle 3.0 for home practice that I use either with a 1x10 or phones, as its a no load required head I also use it as a Di box from time to time too, the great thing about them is that they have no cooling fan and dont need one either so its really silent for such a pokey head, I have run my Genz 2x12T off it with no problems so its a perfect spare head for function band type gigs as a spare to my other Genz heads, weighs nothing and takes up no room under the car seat just in case :)

Edited by stingrayPete1977

EBS Reidmar is serving me well for practicing at home as well as playing with others. It's got parametric mids including a handy notch filter for taming boomy-ness and feedback. It's quite loud for its power rating, and has a headphone jack too.

Edited by heminder

[quote name='KiOgon' timestamp='1363200349' post='2009746']
Ashdown MiBass 220 or 500 does it all with as much EQ as you can shake a stick at :rolleyes:
[/quote]

+1. Got my mibass 550, a couple of weeks ago, like you I wanted a giggable solution that came with home practice functionality. The tonal options are many and varied too.