Why become a member? ×

Calling all Lefties!

throwoff

Hey fellow southpaws.

As most of you know the beloved left handed for sale thread has gone now the marketplace subscriptions have come in.

Now I totally agree with the mod team about subs and when time comes to sell my cab I will happily pay 20 quid for the pleasure so lets not get into about whether you agree or not.

In the site news thread Ped has spoken with me about the possibility of opening a 'left handed' subsection in for sale, allowing us a simple place to check out all lefties without having to search through the millions of right handed freak basses in the general section.

The mods are looking at it but can we get a poll going for us lefties to show their would be some demand, I don't want the mods to have to go through the effort of making and policing it only for nobody to use it!

We could 'pin' a lefty discussion thread in the Bass Guitars forum for the discussion side of things. That'd be a good idea - but it couldn't include adverts for any sales or trades.

I haven't done any second hand buying yet (only factory-new cheapos so far) so I'm probably the wrong person to give an opinion, but my impression is that having a separate lefty section would make things easier both for us lefties and for righties - who would want to avoid being distracted by and wasting time on offers they're not interested in. And that's despite the lefty marketplace being slower than the righty.

Having said that, if the amount of work required to apply the modification on to the website had to be massive, then it probably wouldn't be worth the admins/developers' while. But my vote goes for yes to a lefty subsection.

Hi chaps

Hamster has done the honours and there's a lefty subsection nestled under 'basses for sale' - it's invisible at the moment as we need to modify it tomorrow a little more.

A 'lefty' chat thread elsewhere as dood suggests is also a good shout.

Cheers
ped

For those who haven't seen Colin 's post on FB:

[quote]
[b] Hi all - Hamster here.
There will be a little downtime tomorrow morning while a few more tweaks are done.
Hopefully one of the tweaks will be a new marketplace forum for those of you shopping specifically for a sinister bass![/b]

[/quote]

Thanks BC, can be such a pain finding lefty basses and a continued lefty thread/sub section is really helpful. I've searched all over the web and BC has by far the best one I've come across.

Thanks for taking the time to help us out, it really is appreciated! :)

Didn't know until now that the lefty section of the 'for sale' section had gone - that's terrible. Having recently bought one from a fellow BCer, I thought I'd better resist any additional temptation for a while. However, the GAS is sure to return, and the lefty section was essential viewing. There's no doubt that it was flawed in places, but don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. If BC is to keep improving, it needs to be more useful, not less so.

BB

Edited by borisbrain

[quote name='sblueplanet' timestamp='1362863003' post='2005618']
I already made a post asking about a lefty thread and got no replies.

There should at least be a lefty thread for general discussion.

Ive given up hope.
[/quote]

We'll just do whatever you want us to do

[quote name='sblueplanet' timestamp='1362863003' post='2005618']
I already made a post asking about a lefty thread and got no replies.

There should at least be a lefty thread for general discussion.

Ive given up hope.
[/quote]

Not sure what your complaint is about, given the posts above? :huh:

As long as there is an obvious thread like before, for discussion amongst lefties, minus the selling of gear, peeps can interact as before.
It was great meeting other southpaws.

Personally, I cant understand why the lefty thread was removed. I would have simply changed its title.
Im sure something will get sorted out.