Why become a member? ×

Mystery bassist - SOLVED!

wateroftyne

[quote name='Big_Stu' timestamp='1362091737' post='1995828']
You asked for it!

Who'd have thought 32 years ago that I would have anticipated this thread! Do I get extra points for authentic specs?

[/quote]

They don't make them like that anymore, thank God. I didn't know Harry Potter played bass B)

[quote name='MiltyG565' timestamp='1362095678' post='1995897']
They stopped making them whenever people stopped buying chorded telephones.
[/quote]
I've got a couple and still use them. I find they're better than having metres and metres of leads snaking all over my music room floor.

[quote name='KevB' timestamp='1362130082' post='1996067']
Did someone mention waistcoats?

Look, it was a blues rock band OK?...

[/quote]That's the Lion Inn at Basford and I claim my free pint of Bass :D

Edited by Raymondo

He looks like the sort of tosser who pretends to be a wild child at the gates of oblivion but then goes out to work as a bank clerk.

As far back as 1982 I was at least making an effort to look as if I'd come round your house , throw up on your carpet , eat the contents of your freezer as a milk shake and f*** your dog.

Edited by Dr.Dave

[quote name='Dr.Dave' timestamp='1362141915' post='1996316']As far back as 1982 I was at least making an effort to look as if I'd come round your house , throw up on your carpet , eat the contents of your freezer as a milk shake and f*** your dog.[/quote]

But you didn't? Amateur!!! :lol:

[quote name='Dr.Dave' timestamp='1362141915' post='1996316']
He looks like the sort of tosser who pretends to be a wild child at the gates of oblivion but then goes out to work as a bank clerk.

As far back as 1982 I was at least making an effort to look as if I'd come round your house , throw up on your carpet , eat the contents of your freezer as a milk shake and f*** your dog.

[/quote]

Looks like a rock 'n roll Bjorn Borg entering a gurning contest . Have you still got the Precision Bass , Dave ? It looks like a nice one .

[/quote]

Is that me, the guitarist or both of us? I only lasted 6 months in that band. The band leader (playing guitar in photo) didn't have the balls to phone me up himself, got the keyboard player to tell me it 'wasn't working out'. Maybe it [i]was[/i] the waistcoat... ;)

[quote name='KevB' timestamp='1362152817' post='1996527']

Is that me, the guitarist or both of us? I only lasted 6 months in that band. The band leader (playing guitar in photo) didn't have the balls to phone me up himself, got the keyboard player to tell me it 'wasn't working out'. Maybe it [i]was[/i] the waistcoat... ;)
[/quote]
Well, look at him. He's very obviously trying really hard to look cool and failing desperately. I can imagine that every time he looked at you his stomach turned over as he realised he's actually the David Brent of the band.

I was looking a that's yesterday and so wanted to buy one that looked just like yours.

[quote name='KevB' timestamp='1362130082' post='1996067']
Did someone mention waistcoats?

Look, it was a blues rock band OK?...
[/quote]

"Hey guis, i'm an amurican, look at my shorts. Look at my t-shirt. Look at Gibson look-a-like. Look at my sneakers"

"Dave, you're from Nottingham".

[quote name='KingBollock' timestamp='1362154932' post='1996563']
Well, look at him. He's very obviously trying really hard to look cool and failing desperately. I can imagine that every time he looked at you his stomach turned over as he realised he's actually the David Brent of the band.

I was looking a that's yesterday and so wanted to buy one that looked just like yours.
[/quote]

Hats!!!! That's all whole new thread. Whoopee!!!! :D

[quote name='MiltyG565' timestamp='1362156537' post='1996591']
"Hey guis, i'm an amurican, look at my shorts. Look at my t-shirt. Look at Gibson look-a-like. Look at my sneakers"

"Dave, you're from Nottingham".
[/quote]

yeah, and what about the short fat hairy legs, dude?

[/quote]
You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore.