Why become a member? ×

Mystery bassist - SOLVED!

wateroftyne

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1361396698' post='1985468']
Hi all

I've been having a clear out, and I've found a stash of Bassist mags from the mid-to-late 90s. It's been a hoot reading through them - one review describes a fairly monstrous GK head as 'small' - presumably because it's only 2U high.

Anyway.. each issue usually contained a [i]'My bass rig is...'[/i] column, in which a reader discusses their gear. For some reason, one particular issue - June '97 - doesn't mention the poor subject's name anywhere in the feature. Even the contents page refers to him as 'A Bassist reader'. I'm wondering whether they literally couldn't find his name and had to go to press without it.

Here's his pic. Is this you? Do you know him? Let's give a bass brother the recognition he's deserved for the last 15 years.. we can do this!

[/quote]
"My Name is Simon Quinlank and I am the KING of all hobbies!!!
now would be a good time to consume your weak lemon drink." ( same era Lee and Herring. Kevin Eldon is superb, isnt he?)

Edited by witterth

[quote name='iceonaboy' timestamp='1361814379' post='1991327']
Nope, but there was a time when everyone wore them :unsure:
[/quote]
[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1361814658' post='1991338']

[/quote]

The only "Good Old Days" I can remember with clothes like that was the music-hall show with the compere that talked crap (who was "Manuel's" brother in real life).

[quote name='KevB' timestamp='1361814570' post='1991334']
Francis Rossi always looks pretty cool in a waistcoat, unfortunately these days I tend to look more like Meatloaf in one so not so cool...
[/quote]

Denim waistcoats were never cool, only marginally even less cool than denim waistcoats were full length denim coats.
Trucker jackets at a push, for a late 70s football match, but even so.............
Though, yes, early 70's 'Quo were the dog's doodahs.