Why become a member? ×

2x12's??????

GUI101

[quote name='JellyKnees' timestamp='1360674382' post='1974297']
Hey GUI, I'm in Oxton too...

I know it's not exactly what you are looking for, but I have a BF BigOne (now discontinued), so if you are interested in checking it out to get an idea of what the BF cabs are like, you are more than welcome to come and have a nosey sometime...
Cheers,
Neil
[/quote]
Hi mate,
Thought I was the only one around here, would be great to come and have a nosey at the cab mate, I'll drop you a PM towards the end of the week to sort something out.
Cheers.

[quote name='thebassman' timestamp='1360675737' post='1974337']
Hi GUI, personally, I think you need to find the right combination.

What amp and bass are you using?

I use a stingray 5 through a Mesa M6 or Orange Terror bass, into a Mesa 2x12 powerhouse, sounds great.

I bought a BF compact and Midget T, the mesa M6 sounded lovely but the Orange Terror sounded horrible.

All i'm saying is, what works for others might not be right for your set-up.

You could email Alex at Barefaced with your current set-up, he's a top bloke and will give you some advice.
The first thing he asked me was what bass and what amp.

It's good If you can try before you buy, i know this is easier said than done.

cheers

thebassman
[/quote]
I agree, I'm currently using a trace ah-500, but this is gonna go with the rest of the rig.
I have recently played through an SWR headlite and liked it for tone and portability, I've also had a look in to the GK MB fusion heads, but not had a chance to play with one. However I am also looking at the pre/poweramp options too, and seriously considering a bbe bmax pre with a bridged crown xls 1000, but think this maybe a little overkill for my needs and potentially rule out some great cabs on power handling.....

Bass wise I have a Warwick Corvette (bubinga).

[quote name='obbm' timestamp='1360621144' post='1973680']
Schroeder 1210L or 1212L, if you can find one.

I use a single 1212L, sometimes two, and they are light, loud and cut right through the mix.

That is all.
[/quote]

Hadn't considered these obbm, off to their website for me, any downsides??

[quote name='GUI101' timestamp='1360700418' post='1975072']
Hadn't considered these obbm, off to their website for me, any downsides??
[/quote]

None that I have found. I know several owners like myself who are very happy with them and have no plans to move them on.

Using a pair effectively gives me a 4x12 but much lighter and easier to move than a single cab. I'm quite small but can carry a 1212L single handed without any problem. The latest ones have two front facing drivers. I have the ones which have one front facing driver and one angled plus a horn.

Now a well worn route, but I went BF with a Compact and a Midget T. A three way set up. However, I'm finding that the Midget does everything so well the Compact rarely gets out the house now. Both together can be monstrous, only done that once, bit unnecessary.

The ease of movement is life changing.

[quote name='obbm' timestamp='1360708359' post='1975318']
None that I have found. I know several owners like myself who are very happy with them and have no plans to move them on.

Using a pair effectively gives me a 4x12 but much lighter and easier to move than a single cab. I'm quite small but can carry a 1212L single handed without any problem. The latest ones have two front facing drivers. I have the ones which have one front facing driver and one angled plus a horn.
[/quote]
Thanks for pointing me towards these, they are ticking more boxes the more reviews I read.

GUI, I can certaily recommend Aguilar amps and cabs. After using 2 4x10 swr's I went over to Markbass 4x10 and 2x10, but still not light enough for me. So finally went for the 1x12 SL's (super light) Aguilar cabs coupled with their TH500 amp. Absolutely amazing in terms of sound.. plently of volume, extremely versatile without the normal neo classic colouration. Incredibly lightweight and great looking. Yes they are pricey, but well worth it, as they will do the job for a long time.

Guest bassman7755

A single single compact will handle pretty much any situation you don't need a tweeter for. Dont be put off using "only" a 15 - the compacts high extension is as good as a top rank 4x10 (without tweeter of course).

[quote name='crez5150' timestamp='1362084822' post='1995654']
As of today I'm now 2x 2x12 :D
[/quote]

Aaaaaw! Congrats, man. Are these the DBs with the rock tone? How's it sound with the GK?
Hard Rockin' perhaps? :)

(BTW, I like the bass mucho too. KingBass? In case, which one?)

best,
bert

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1362087223' post='1995701']
Aaaaaw! Congrats, man. Are these the DBs with the rock tone? How's it sound with the GK?
Hard Rockin' perhaps? :)

(BTW, I like the bass mucho too. KingBass? In case, which one?)

best,
bert
[/quote]

I play mostly funk and disco so they suit quite well but with the GK you can get a good rock tone also... I just really love Aguilar cabs.

[quote name='scalpy' timestamp='1362088347' post='1995726']
Wanted those so badly and a steal at that price. Reports on how they sound would be greatly appreciated!
[/quote]

Not had a chance to use them in angst yet but just playing around yesterday I think they are gonna keep me happy for a very long time.

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1362089068' post='1995745']
Those are my old cabs! They are stunning. I only sold them to get one 4 ohm DB212. Sometimes wish I had these back. Enjoy...they are one of my favourite cabs...period.
[/quote]

Kool.... they are still in virtually new condition ;o)

[quote name='crez5150' timestamp='1362137024' post='1996203']

I play mostly funk and disco so they suit quite well but with the GK you can get a good rock tone also... I just really love Aguilar cabs.

Not had a chance to use them in angst yet but just playing around yesterday I think they are gonna keep me happy for a very long time.

Kool.... they are still in virtually new condition ;o)
[/quote]

Ay! I totally babied them!

I think the current Aggie UK cab prices are insane...used to be able to get a DB212 for about £600...now? Probably £850.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm resurrecting this thread in an attempt to shill my Schroeder 1212L. Sorry if this seems outré but needs must and all that :) http://basschat.co.uk/topic/203233-mark-bass-lmll-and-schroeder-1212l-4-ohm-for-sale/

Edited by ezbass