Why become a member? ×

The Rutles!

BetaFunk

As it's 38 years (probably next Tuesday) since the Pre-Fab Four first appeared on TV what do fellow BCers think of the way they changed music and are they over rated.

Personally i think that the song 'Joe Public' brought to the attention of a wide public sampling and was also a seminal piece in forming electronic music into how we know it today.

For me, without The Rutles we would all be wandering the streets crying 'Where is the music?'

Edited by BetaFunk

I've probably listened to about 13% of their output and I have to say I'm not that impressed. People say I'm not allowed to have my opinion because they're [i]influential[/i], but what about Wayne Fontana, Billy J Kramer, Adam Faith, Honeybus and The Marmalade? Totally groundbreaking.

And as for all their going around with long faces when Leggy Mountbatten died? What was that all about? They should go and see a therapist.

Goose step mamma!!!

Anyhow, they're all fakes, Blond Lemon Pie invented them!!!

http://youtu.be/fXW1iI5dC0k

Actually, it's really strange that this thread appeared as look at what I'm watching right now?

[IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y289/kevin_lindsay/F859E19B-2E18-41EF-81A9-A03F893186EF-431-0000003B74F0E1B1.jpg[/IMG]

I knew that there would be nothing...........................but praise for the Pre-Fab Four.

I'm so glad that they decide to[sub] [/sub][s]share[/s] no, to give the gift of their music to us for without them there would be no music. No birds singing and pianos just sitting there unplayed with their keyboards just looking like black and white striped shelves.

Although i'm sure that there is some sort of debate we could have about records sold and their far reaching musically influences the fact is that The Rutles were great because i said so and musically superior because i said so.

How could such a group be over rated?

P.S. Please see 'The Beatles' thread for the 'because i said so' bit ;)

Edited by BetaFunk

[quote name='Bikenbass' timestamp='1360534973' post='1972068']
Sorry, but I can never forgive them for introducing the kids to tea. A whole generation lost to the filth.
[/quote]
Yeah but what kind of 'tea' was it...................

P.S. Please remember this comes under the 'I Am Right And You Are Wrong' BassChat debate. See 'The Beatles' thread for reference. :rolleyes: