"The Beatles!"

gsgbass

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1361148550' post='1982002']
:lol:
That's better! :)
No, nothin intendered ... ;)
[/quote]

You're a cunning devil, Bert.

I have just noticed that if the Latin name for potassium is substituted in your "Interest List" the capital letters of these elements would then spell out a classic English word. :huh:

So.........................and you, too! :D

Edited by Jazzneck

I noticed there were a few beatles related programs on bbc4 including the 2 epstein documentaries and then Macca doing the electric proms. We all have a dig about his voice but I thought it was in good shape on that performance and it was 5 or 6 years ago (think it was 2007?) so it's fair to say the real deterioration has been relatively recently.
Anyone see the compilation of beatles covers from BBC archives? Cocker doing his thing in (I think) '68 so if this is a factory made fretless it's a pretty early one;

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw1sx_wmZmQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw1sx_wmZmQ[/url]

God is this still going on? being a child of the 60's I love the Beatles and think they were influential but respect other peoples right not to, just the same as I respect other peoples to think Elvis was some sort of God when I think for the most part he was overated (after he went in the army).

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1361211153' post='1982884']
Busted!
[/quote]
Is that a subtle comparison of Matt Willis with Macca? :lol:

[quote name='BetaFunk' timestamp='1361211261' post='1982888']
What about "When I'm 64"? Because this is going to run for years.
[/quote]
How about "Taxman" because it's been very taxing?

Edited by Big_Stu

[quote name='Lowender' timestamp='1360506789' post='1971340']

The difference between Yellow Submarine and "She's Leaving Home" is the difference between Gone With The Wind and Meet The Fockers.
[/quote]

Hey , I like Gone with the wind, don't knock it !

[quote name='BetaFunk' timestamp='1360972885' post='1979434']
... Lennon ... asked about what the Beatles thought about their music.....'we don't analyze it, its not worth it'.
[/quote]
Despite which the Beatles often knew exactly where they were getting ideas from and Lennon himself was later able to apply a little analysis to the Electric Light Orchestra's 'Showdown':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzYDbtQM7Do