Why become a member? ×

Bergantino are back with neo loaded cabs...

Musicman20

• 1 month later...

[quote name='The Dark Lord' timestamp='1363970230' post='2020356']
I see that the 1x12 is a little bit heavier than Barefaced's Compact 1x15.
[/quote]

I don't think any of these cabs are a problem to shift. It all depends on tone and quality, so choose whichever floats your boat :)

yes, look to be nice cabs . .with the 7oz magnet wattage will be around 250 to 300 imo 11oz and 4 to 500watts might have been good(barefaced 12s)
i have ht112er and happy with muscular tone with good midrange although on heavy side 44lbs . .
might swap 12s for kappalites .

[quote name='ebenezer' timestamp='1364144150' post='2022424']
yes, look to be nice cabs . .with the 7oz magnet wattage will be around 250 to 300 imo 11oz and 4 to 500watts might have been good(barefaced 12s)
i have ht112er and happy with muscular tone with good midrange although on heavy side 44lbs . .
might swap 12s for kappalites .
[/quote]

700 for the 212.

[quote name='GUI101' timestamp='1364157318' post='2022707']
Why does this always happen to me.....
Have been trying to decide between barefaced s12t and the hd212, the s12t had it on weight..... And now this!!!

Well that's just great now ain't it!
[/quote]

Hd212 is in another league altogether for tone and build quality, I assume the CN212 is as well, but in a very lightweight package!

I'm looking forward to trying these head to head with Aguilar and maybe even MarkBass in a little fight of the lightweights duel!

Shame my local MarkBass 2x12 has just sold as it would have been really interesting to match it up against the Berg. I know a lot of people don't rate MB cabs but I think some of them can sound really nice with a good head and decent bass.

I definitely feel a bit of a shootout coming in April. Will definitely have to put an ATS 3x12 (not a true 3x12 as two speakers are some sort of passive radiator) into the mix as well. I've tried it briefly and it sounds really big from such a small form factor :)

[quote name='tubbybloke68' timestamp='1364225556' post='2023423']
IF ONLY IT HAD TILT BACK WHEELS IT WOULD BE SOO PERFECT!! Jeez I'm soo lazy these days :-D
[/quote]
I just bought a rocknroller upright cart off thoman, cost me about £30. Has a long foot plate so that you can get it right under the cab. I would still want a cart for a 20 kg cab, so I might as well have the tone I like and stick with the HD212.

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='Bill Fitzmaurice' timestamp='1360007565' post='1963524']
Meh. Two years after the neo price crunch Jim Bergantino wakes up, realizes that the sky hasn't fallen after all, and resumes using neo drivers. It's not a bad thing, but hardly a stop the presses moment.
[/quote]

Maybe he wasn't making any margins with the price of the neo speakers, and was waiting to see if the prices stabilized before deciding to continue. In any case he developed the ceramic HD212 which is an astoundingly good cab, and if the CN212 are anywhere near these tonally with such a big savings in weight then he has done something great again.

Any new cab from Jim is a stop-the-presses moment, for those that have heard them and like what he does. I'll take my NV cabs with my SVT over any cab out there, including the fEARful style ones and other PA style cabs I've heard. If I needed a more portable solution to what I use now I'd audition these in a heartbeat.

• 2 weeks later...