Why become a member? ×

Bass Gallery have updated their web site

Platypus

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1358802788' post='1945430']
And the ex Dave Swift yamaha upright :)
[/quote]

Dave has a few things up for sale at the moment, lol.

Bass Direct have a Lull (or maybe even two) and BassGear have a Chapman Stick, a Yamaha TRB6 and a Fender 50th Anniversary Jazz :)

Keith Duffy's 55-94 is a beast, I want it!

Love the Gallery, the guys there are really great, always so helpful. However. I absolutely hate that site, it's dated, clunky and rarely kept up to date. If they made it that bit more accessible and got rid of all the stupid brand logos (mostly of stuff they don't have in stock and are empty when clicked on) then I reckon they might do better from online business... something a bit more like Bassdirect's site dare I say it!

Hi Guys

the site is maintained and kept up to date on a day to day basis, somethings can get overlooked sometimes though, we keep the brands on there as our stock changes all the time, and it's a pain to keep adding and removing logos. We do have a lot of stock currently so no, not thinning things down, I am doing part time now, as i am studying The Knowledge, as i feel the time has come to try new avenues, I'll be there for a little while yet, sadly we can't all be Bass Direct

Alex

[quote name='thegallery' timestamp='1358814031' post='1945672']
Hi Guys

the site is maintained and kept up to date on a day to day basis, somethings can get overlooked sometimes though, we keep the brands on there as our stock changes all the time, and it's a pain to keep adding and removing logos. We do have a lot of stock currently so no, not thinning things down, I am doing part time now, as i am studying The Knowledge, as i feel the time has come to try new avenues, I'll be there for a little while yet, sadly we can't all be Bass Direct

Alex
[/quote]

Cheers Alex, I really don't mean any disrespect either, I've bought from the Gallery before and I'll be doing so again, it was more just brutal honesty about the site from my point of view as I know you won't want to lose out on online sales. Best of luck with The Knowledge, hope your ability to retain information is better than mine is!

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1358874772' post='1946397']
There are a small op... and long may that continue...plus they have to make basses as well.
Great shop...all the best.
[/quote]

Yes indeed, not merely a retail outfit, the standard of the work they turn out is outstanding.
I took an Alleva Coppolo bass to them a couple of years ago, that was almost in two halves, it had been trashed by a courier. That bass really was a mess. The plan was that they would repair it, if possible and then sent it to Simms to be reshot in nitro.
I got a call from Martin a week later to come in and see what I thought. My jaw dropped when I saw the quality of the repair, nobody could tell it had been damaged, unless I pointed out the minute outline of a repair. It also played and sounded as good as ever.

They had also managed to buff up the nitro finish and it didn't need to go away to be redone, which would have added almost £400 to the cost, if had gone to Simms

The Gallery charged me £165 for the work