Why become a member? ×

And you think you have too much gear........

The Admiral

• 1 month later...

This reminds me of a Billy Sheehan puff-piece in Bass Player back in the '90s. Sycophantic interview aside, the article included a full-page diagram of Sheehan's studio rig. There were several DIs,amps, limiters, compressors, effects, EQs, splitters and a bunch of cabs - one with a servo-assisted cone!! I wish I still had that magazine so I could post them diagram but the best way to describe it would be like a Powerpoint slide, with objects linked my multiple paths. Bizarre.

Edited by Stacker

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1361619775' post='1988331']
Or are you going to stop when you hit 3 digits??
[/quote]

Are you mad, man? Have you ever even contemplated what new possibilities those three digits give? ;)
On the Music Man forum, there's a guy who owns more than 300 Music Man instruments, 320 IIRC, and I seem to remember all of them are basses too.
Seriously. Not that I condone it, of course.

best,
bert

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1361656507' post='1989037']
Are you mad, man? Have you ever even contemplated what new possibilities those three digits give? ;)
On the Music Man forum, there's a guy who owns more than 300 Music Man instruments, 320 IIRC, and I seem to remember all of them are basses too.
Seriously. Not that I condone it, of course.

best,
bert
[/quote]

Wow.

Just, wow.

Imagine the insurance premium on that! 320 instruments at upwards of £1000 each?

[quote name='Dr M' timestamp='1361798285' post='1990954']
Imagine the insurance premium on that! 320 instruments at upwards of £1000 each?
[/quote]

Yeah, indeed.
Got it confirmed that it was 320 basses quite some months ago, probably more now, and not even counting the basses he owns that are from other brands.
I tried to quickly calculate in my head what they had costed, most of them even being expensive limited editions, but when I saw how dazzling the amount was, I just dropped it.

BTW; I do have way too much gear myself as well, and am even aiming at 12 basses / 5 amps / 8 cabs, but once I have that much, I'm not going to sell away some of it until I know all that gear a lot better.

best,
bert

[quote name='Stacker' timestamp='1361604428' post='1988095']
And,with the power of Google: [url="http://www.talkbass.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=201783&d=1298775056"]Sheehan's Studio Rig[/url]
[/quote]

So we'll never really know what his bass actually sounds like!