Why become a member? ×

Trip to London - Help me survive!

aledeville

Hello, mainly non-rhotic bass community :D
I'm from a small country called Switzerland and by the end of this month I'll visit London for a few days with my girlfriend. While she'll be checking out the new Victoria's Secret store, I thought the time off I'll be given should be well spent and in order to maintain my tranquility and for my sanity in general when going through clothing stores after dress shop and so on I should get something to hang on to during these hard times. This has nothing to do with music I swear, this is just an attempt to save my relationship for another month... :blink:

I'm quite certain that with a flanger or a chorus or something like that, you know... or an overdrive... well, considering... even a line driver or a buffer would do it. However, it should be something. I could then - in desperate moments of course - take it out of my pocket, cast a glance at it, take a deep breath and reset my moments of pain to zero.

Now tell me, where are the good music stores in the center of London where I could save my relationship? It would be great if they had used products. This could mean, that I'd buy two pedals for the price of one (e.g.) and therefore... [size=4][size=5]oh stop it dammit![/size][/size]

[size=4][size=5][size=4]Yeah, I might also tell you. I'm a highly addicted GAS junky and together with my underwear junky girlfriend we'll go on an extended weekend :gas:[/size][/size][/size][size=4][size=5][size=4] [/size][/size][/size][size=4][size=5][size=4]. There you have it.[/size][/size][/size]

[size=4][size=5][size=4]Where could I feed my basic needs? [/size][/size][/size] :ph34r:
Where is the London crew that tells me where someone goes that is highly interested in live music in small places (all sorts of - from rock to jazz), that wants at least look at good music stores and wants to celebrate the end of his exam period...

My heart is completely open for this great city with it's beautiful English and it's overstereotyped weather forecast :P

From the point of view of watching some live bands, check out the bars in Camden - there's bound to be somebody good on. Old haunts include the Caernarven Castle (apparently closed now) and the Dublin Castle. Also checkout Timeout magazine for who's on where in advance..

As well as Denmark St, check out Ivor Mairant's on Rathbone Place and Chappell's on Wardour St. Both an easy walk from Denmark St. Also Hobgoblin on Rathbone place for the more esoteric instruments. Also, check the 12 Bar on Denmark St for live.

If you want someone to look after your underwear junky girlfriend while you go effects shopping, I'm sure there'll be plenty of basschat volunteers.

[quote name='toneknob' timestamp='1358351566' post='1937575']
As well as Denmark St, check out Ivor Mairant's on Rathbone Place and Chappell's on Wardour St. Both an easy walk from Denmark St. Also Hobgoblin on Rathbone place for the more esoteric instruments. Also, check the 12 Bar on Denmark St for live.

If you want someone to look after your underwear junky girlfriend while you go effects shopping, I'm sure there'll be plenty of basschat volunteers.
[/quote]

yep. Surprised you don't want to stay with her, especially now you've told all these weirdos where she'll be and what she'll be doing.
:)