Why become a member? ×

Bass relay - Now with start date

Jimryan

Not overly sure if I'm honest. Once it's ready to go, I'd guess; make a thread, anyone interested join/express interested once it's ready to move on, either announce gig location or where it can be collected from and then go from there. How does that sound?

[quote name='3below' timestamp='1358028811' post='1932198']
What are the pickups, can not see from pic, I have various ones, will donate to this if suitable.
[/quote]

They died a while back so I took them out. All that's left in it is the jack socket and earth wire.

Just a bit of fun to see how big I can get a map :D
Ok that might work , it would need a list to follow with detail of the participants but there should be enough space to put some numbers/letters to index to the list on a route . I would need to update the picture as and when , and please excuse the iffy example above but it might work as long as the entire BC community doesnt join in, but if they do, it could be done region by region B)

Edited by lurksalot

Wouldn't necessarily have to follow a list. Say I do the gig, no one local can collect and I go for a day out somewhere, post "I'll be going to so and so, who wants it" kinda thing, but a list as basic guide would probably help. The maps cool, would be good to watch it move around. Even more so if its a really impracticle route.

I reckon this could turn out really interesting.

[quote name='lurksalot' timestamp='1358031152' post='1932226']
Just a bit of fun to see how big I can get a map :D
Ok that might work , it would need a list to follow with detail of the participants but there should be enough space to put some numbers/letters to index to the list on a route . I would need to update the picture as and when , and please excuse the iffy example above but it might work as long as the entire BC community doesnt join in, but if they do, it could be done region by region B)
[/quote]
Love it ;)

[quote name='Jimryan' timestamp='1358032982' post='1932260']
Wouldn't necessarily have to follow a list. Say I do the gig, no one local can collect and I go for a day out somewhere, post "I'll be going to so and so, who wants it" kinda thing, but a list as basic guide would probably help. The maps cool, would be good to watch it move around. Even more so if its a really impracticle route.

I reckon this could turn out really interesting.
[/quote]

Keeping it fluid sounds superb, thats a great vision , it would be a great to keep a list of participants , gigs , dates etc as part of the fun and I will do the map if you want me to .

[quote name='alstocko' timestamp='1358040523' post='1932368']
I love the idea of this, so if it ever passes near my neck of the woods, I'll add my part and pass it along.

I have a bridge and some pickups knocking around somewhere as my contribution!
[/quote]

Awesome dude, glad to hear it.

The bridge is ok, PU's would be handy though.

Jimryan, you should get some sort of award for this if it works mate :D I reckon it would make a good story for your local newspaper or radio station or something too. Whatever, it should definitely go on the BC blog, or maybe set up a BC Facebook site for it.

It's a f***ing brilliant idea man!

[quote name='Gust0o' timestamp='1358015507' post='1931932']
Or do you have to go to another BC'ers gig to collect it? Could be an idea - and we'd get to see some more music!
[/quote]

Brilliant idea!

If it ever makes it to Scotland, count me in!!! :)

Great idea - strikes me as a great opportunity to perhaps raise some money for charity too. Could this be sponsored in any way or perhaps a competition 'guess the mileage', or even a world record - with the bass being auctioned at the end. It would be fantastic if some celeb players could be persuaded to play this for one song and sign it too. Mark King always strikes me as a very decent guy for example and if he came in, who else does he know? Just a thought.