Why become a member? ×

Bass relay - Now with start date

Jimryan

All interested please sign up on the participants thread. I've started compiling a "directory" of users interested arranged by country and county. When this gets underway, I'll also request a phone number from each involved along with an email contact. From there, everyone involved will get a copy of the directory.

For ease of cross-reference, the participants thread is here: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/196563-bass-relay-participants/"]http://basschat.co.u...y-participants/[/url]

I will tweet the relevant topic again when things are under way.

Thanks again, Jim.

Edited by bluejay

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1358109361' post='1933348']
For ease of cross-reference, the participants thread is here: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/196563-bass-relay-participants/"]http://basschat.co.u...y-participants/[/url]

I will tweet the relevant topic again when things are under way.

Thanks again, Jim.
[/quote]

Cheers bluejay, I should've dropped that link in earlier really.

300!? Bloomin 'eck!

I have to say this is exactly why I love this site. The fact that it's more than just a place people come on and trade small talk and that it's more of a community than a website. People always seem to do what they can to help others on here, even if it's just something small, it's always nice.

Yep just need to convert some of the thread views into yes pleases and it will be a monster ,

DON'T BE SHY

this could be a great craic , get yourselves signed up and join in , there isn't much to it, just be willing to to play a little part in a national bass experience , possibly international ,

Roll up , Roll up :D

[quote name='Jimryan' timestamp='1358088279' post='1932824']
I've just picked the bass up from my old flat, I've got 3 pots and knobs, PU's are nearly sorted, gonna dig out the soldering iron, just need a wiring diagram to work to (anyone got one?) I'm gonna remove the stickers so we've got a blank canvass so to speak.
[/quote]

I may have one - is it V/V/T ?

[quote name='Jimryan' timestamp='1358077354' post='1932602']
Another thought, like TimR's post. How about, with the bass, a white BC polo goes with it. The shirt gets signed and worn at the gig/ rehearsal.

How's that idea?
[/quote]

It'll have to be an XL shirt! :lol:

Hey everyone. A wee update, I started prepping the bass today. I've stripped the stickers off, and tidied up the fretboard.

Whilst going through my box of odds and sods, I found a nice little pin badge to go on the strap...

BC Wants You!
[IMG]http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii527/jimryan88/image-10_zps76b9e39b.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='TimR' timestamp='1358069741' post='1932462']
Make sure you get good contact details of whoever has the bass next. We did this on another forum only with a shirt. Everyone had to wear the shirt at a gig and put something in a memory box that travelled with the shirt. The contents of the box were kept secret and there was some interesting stuff in it.

The shirt and the box are now with a bass player who hasn't answered any correspondence and hasn't passed it on...

I'll see if I can find the website.
[/quote]

we will form a BC hit squad to deal with those situations and the perpetrators. :ph34r:

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1358070938' post='1932486']
Sorted re the strings then mate, cool.

What about anyone that uses it puts a pound in a jar (paypal or similar)?
[/quote]

That's a cool idea too.
It would be a nice way to raise some more money for BC.

[quote name='steve-bbb' timestamp='1358075891' post='1932572']
postage wouldnt really be an issue surely would it? there are enough peeps on here to be able to pass it on at a gig or post gig with members being local-ish enough to be able to meet up and pass it on?

id happily give it a go if it comes over anywhere around the garden of england :D and from scanning the boards here there must be at least a dozen members who are well within a 20 minute drive so easy to pass it around
[/quote]

If postage is an issue for someone, then they should make it clear before taking possession of the bass, and figure out who they're going to pass it on to beforehand.

I suggest me make a list with participants and:

1) Location
1a) if applicable, would they drive to collect/deliver? How far?
2) agree to post if necessary?
2a) are they "hand in locally only"?

it's doable, come on, let's do it! :)

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1358197278' post='1934781']
I suggest me make a list with participants and:

1) Location
1a) if applicable, would they drive to collect/deliver? How far?
2) agree to post if necessary?
2a) are they "hand in locally only"?

it's doable, come on, let's do it! :)
[/quote]

Way ahead of you buddy. Already compiled a list and constantly adding to it.

At the moment it's only name, screen name and location. Just before it kicks off I'll be adding handover details and contact numbers. Once this preliminary list is completed, it will be sent to every member that has "officially" signed up.

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1358197478' post='1934783']

I think this is whats Jimryan has gone for mate with half to BC and half to cancer research? :)
[/quote]

*whilst touching nose with one hand and pointing at you with the other*
"You knows it"