Why become a member? ×

Bass relay - Now with start date

Jimryan

[quote name='jalapeno' timestamp='1358601817' post='1941977']
Ought create a Just Giving site for it.

Have any checked this relay out ?

http://forum.musicradar.com/showthread.php?116458-The-Tickled-Pink-Ribbon-Relay-a-Jooky-Forum-Fundraiser
[/quote]

Definitely agree with the Just Giving site idea. Makes donating really easy and you dont have to use Paypal.

If the bass comes to Tipton I'd love to participate btw. Definitely gonna look out for it passing thru the West Mids and try to get along to a gig or two.

The just giving page is a good one, only problem with it, is the raised money wouldn't be able to be split between charity and the site. Not that all of it going to charity is a problem, I just quite liked the idea of some going back into the site.

Evening all,

The relay now has a justgiving page.

This can be found at: www.justgiving.com/BCrelay

There's also to text code set up as: BASS88 which is to be texted to 70070 followed by an amount (£1,£2,£3,£5,£10).

This is all nearly good to and will be starting very soon.

Cheers to all those involved, those going to get involved and all those that donate.

James

I'm just sticking all the names into a spreadsheet. If you've signed up, you'll very shortly get a PM regarding contact details to go with this.

Once this has been completed, a copy will travel with the bass and every member involved will receive a copy of the list too.

If you haven't signed up...why not?

P.S we now have QR codes to go along with the bass and for members to push.

I haven't read the whole of the thread so I don't know whether this has been addressed - has anybody been in contact with the Guinness Book of Records to see whether there is a record for a bass that's been played by the most people?? If such a record exists it might be an idea if the bass visited the London Bass Guitar Show and the regional Bass bashes...

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1359299142' post='1952651']
I haven't read the whole of the thread so I don't know whether this has been addressed - has anybody been in contact with the Guinness Book of Records to see whether there is a record for a bass that's been played by the most people?? If such a record exists it might be an idea if the bass visited the London Bass Guitar Show and the regional Bass bashes...
[/quote]

I've not got on to Guiness yet, it's on the list somewhere. Unless anyone wants to help out on that front. I'm still compiling names, locations, contact details. I've talked the charity stuff, some trendy QR codes too. I foolishly underestimated how much planning would go into this.