Why become a member? ×

Any thoughts on Peaveys?

Sambrook

In my never ending search for the "perfect" bass, I know I want a 4 string fretless passive through neck with a rosewood board. I need a nice thick chunky neck, and I was wondering if the Peavey Grind or Cirrus would fit the bill. I'm prepared to defret, but I'm not sure about the neck dimensions. I know there are some Peavey lovers out there, so any feedback would be welcome. Cheers.

I bloody love Peaveys :P I have 4 of them, and I don't own any other basses.

They all have pretty slim necks, the thickest being on the Zodiac. It's kind of like a Jazz at the nut, but widens more so as you get further up. The International Series 5 string feels quite chunky too, there's definitely more wood to get your mitts round than there is on the 6 string Grind! The International series 4 string has a very slim neck though strangely!

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1357918984' post='1930630']
The proper money US Peaveys are lovely!
[/quote]
I was pretty close to buying a US Peavey Cirrus a couple of years ago. They are really nice,top
quality instruments and you can get them for a good price secondhand-they don't really hold
their value that well.The one I tried was around £700,which is great when you think that they are
around £2500 new.

Cheap of the cheap, I have milestone 3 bass, came with case I bought :)[size=4] . Great bass, look at the necks on all Peavey basses with 4 tuners on one side. They are all pretty much the same as far as I can tell. It is thin and very fast, total opposite of my G&L. So if you want chunky, big neck, look elsewhere.[/size]