Why become a member? ×

The North East Bass Bash - Feb 3rd, Pelaw, Gateshead

wateroftyne

Hi all

Warwickhunt & I thought it was about time, so....

It's at [url="http://www.gingermusiccompany.com/"]The Ginger Music Company[/url], the same location as the last one a couple of years ago. it's not far from the centre of Newcastle (on the Gateshead side) and the south end of the Tyne Tunnel. [url="https://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-8&q=ginger+music+company&fb=1&hq=ginger+music+company&hnear=0x25a3b1142c791a9:0xc4f8a0433288257a,United+Kingdom&cid=0,0,5594262559019608756&ei=8m_uUNLBGa6o0AW3iIGICw&ved=0CJABEPwSMAA"]Here's a map[/url].

There's a vending machine for tea, coffee and snacks.

[url="http://www.facebook.com/events/456671321047598/"]Here's a Facebook event[/url], If you're coming along, please join the event or reply to this thread to give us an idea of numbers. Thanks!

Was it wise to make it the same day as the Moffat bash? I do entertain ideas of attending other bashes and this one is probably the second nearest one to Aberdeen, but it's no much use if they're going to clash. I'm good, but I'm not two places at once good ;)

[quote name='neepheid' timestamp='1357813072' post='1928671']
Was it wise to make it the same day as the Moffat bash? I do entertain ideas of attending other bashes and this one is probably the second nearest one to Aberdeen, but it's no much use if they're going to clash. I'm good, but I'm not two places at once good ;)
[/quote]

Ah, flip... I didn't spot that. Hopefully there won't be much overlap - it's a two-hour drive between us.

i've replied to the Facebook invite so i'll be there, it's a shame it clashes with Moffat, would changing the date be a huge issue? (although the next week wouldn't be great for me.)
i'm happy to throw some coins in the pot for the room hire too.

Matt

[quote name='Matt P' timestamp='1357824277' post='1928968']
i've replied to the Facebook invite so i'll be there, it's a shame it clashes with Moffat, would changing the date be a huge issue? (although the next week wouldn't be great for me.)
i'm happy to throw some coins in the pot for the room hire too.

Matt
[/quote]

Unfortunately yes - the venue is booked, and the notifications have gone out.

We honestly never thought to check for a clash with another Northern bass bash. I mean, what's the chances...?

oh well, good excuse for another bash later in the year maybe? late summer?
i'm just hoping my new cabs arrive in time so i've got something shiny to bring along!
will there be name badges? it would be great to put some faces to names/usernames.

Matt

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1357825252' post='1929000']
That's a shame.. maybe next time. :(

Getting a date that's going to suit everyone is literally impossible. It's frustrating.
[/quote]

Yes - but I guess it's also because the bash is only three weeks away, and clashes with another one. I imagine it'd have been easier for some of us to attend if we'd had more time to organise our schedules. But hopefully there's always the next one.

Edited by bluejay

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1357825592' post='1929007']
Yes - but I guess it's also because the bash is only three weeks away, and clashes with another one. I imagine it'd have been easier for some of us to attend if we'd had more time to organise our schedules. But hopefully there's always the next one.
[/quote]

We're impulsive up here, you know? :)

Hopefully this lil hometown bash won't detract from the Moffat affair; I'd have thought that anyone attending Moffat would have booked well before now. However, apologies Alan and those wishing to attend the NE bash who will be at Moffat but I'm sure there'll be ample opportunities in the future.

As Michael says, this isn't some mega affair (though it sounds like it will be well attended) with special guests/manufacturers etc, it'll be lighter than that and the chance for Northern bassists to put names to faces (I'll bring along stickers and marker pens). ;)

[quote name='david_l_perry' timestamp='1357863642' post='1929898']
That short notice chaps......and a clash of dates with the moffatt Drink/Curry bass bash weekend.....shame as I like to try and come along and support these events if I can[/quote]

Bugger. I would have loved a look at one of your cabinets... :( Oh well. Next time! :)

I actually work at Stonehills, which is about 5 minutes from where I live.
Excuse my ignorance, but what actually happens? I've never been to a bass bash so am completely oblivious as to what goes on? Do you have to bring gear or can you just wander about? Haha sorry, would love to get involved in things that are bass related, just not sure what these things are?