Why become a member? ×

We found Bass in a hopeless place

MiltyG565

[quote name='Chris2112' timestamp='1357841907' post='1929442']
That hopeless hack will do anything for cash! :lol:

Regarding FGTH's 'Two Tribes' having a great bassline, it does indeed. But you'd be daft if you thought you weren't going to get some good bass playing listening to FGTH. 'Welcome to the pleasure dome' and 'Born to run' have brilliant basslines.
[/quote]

[quote name='MiltyG565' timestamp='1357841695' post='1929437']
I wasn't sure if i should say "Your the one that i want" because i know it's a good bassline in an unlikely place, but i thought most of us would have known that already?
[/quote]

I think I meant unlikely due to 1. its music the kids are into and 2. Im enjoying the whole album, not just the track you mention.

[quote name='lojo' timestamp='1357841933' post='1929444']
I think I meant unlikely due to 1. its music the kids are into and 2. Im enjoying the whole album, not just the track you mention.
[/quote]

The kids that are in to it are in to musicals, surely? It never was that big for me or my mates growing up, only the drama ones really. I think because it's that kind of rock and roll era thing that it appeals to quite a lot of us (most of us being rockers :D). Is hairspray supposed to be a 50's thing? it has sh*t music.

[quote name='MiltyG565' timestamp='1357842206' post='1929449']
The kids that are in to it are in to musicals, surely?
[/quote]

Not kids in general of course they are not, just meant "kids" as mine, and yes, my daughter can sing every word from that album

[quote name='MiltyG565' timestamp='1357841641' post='1929435']
I love going on to YouTube and finding the bass master tracks, but the problem is, they are always terrible quality. Listen to any BSSM song, then find the bass master track on YouTube, and you would think they compressed the crap out of it and had it at a lower bit rate. I love the totally guttural sound of the Wal Mach 2 in BSSM, but on YouTube, it just sounds like a plank with an output socket.
[/quote]

I have a bunch of RHCP songs in multi track format, including the whole of BSSM. Not "youtubified". They could sound better, but they are not bad at all. Very good for learning and generally getting a good feel for Flea's style.
If interested PM me. I'm sure I can find a way to get them to you.

I also have Stevie Wonder's Superstition in 24 tracks... hours of fun :)

Still a bit confused as to why TV ads, themes and show tunes are an 'unlikely source', from my experience there have always been strong basslines in these areas. Also check out some of the soundtracks from 70's 'blaxploitation' films. Funky as hell. Someone bought me a copy of the 'Superbad' compilation a few years back and though it's not really my preferred genre there are some cracking tunes on it.

Edited by KevB

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1357869088' post='1929936']
I have a bunch of RHCP songs in multi track format, including the whole of BSSM. Not "youtubified". They could sound better, but they are not bad at all. Very good for learning and generally getting a good feel for Flea's style.
If interested PM me. I'm sure I can find a way to get them to you.

I also have Stevie Wonder's Superstition in 24 tracks... hours of fun :)
[/quote]

ERDAGAHAAA! *dead*.

...PM sent.

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1357738982' post='1927510']
I guess I should nominate Metallica's And Justice For All (the album) - remastering or enhancing discovered a bit of bass! For instance this version of Blackened...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAvwod7BBK0[/media]
[/quote]
I'd been listening to Master of Puppets daily and when ...And Justice was released(I was 16) I was disappointed with the lack of bass. Love this mix, though! Thank you very much Blue :D You just made my day.

• 1 year later...

[quote name='Fionn' timestamp='1357841729' post='1929439']
From the childrens tv show Zingzillas ...

Dreaming 'bout bananas ... Stuart Zender, funking it out ... Great bass line ...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJrHWmCjfx0[/media]
[/quote]

I'm playing this at work right now, I'm glad they think I'm weird already... 'Dreaming 'bout bananas' - love it.

• 3 weeks later...

I quite like these two:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDzmJuXAgD8

Nice bassline :)

And this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbAeTywPiP4

Pretty sure that's played on a fretless too. In fact the whole album 'Relish' is just one bass treat after another