Why become a member? ×

Lifetime Guarantee- Aye Right!!

Donnyboy

You can't trust anyone it would seem....

I mean to say , I bought this quality leather (Aria) leather strap about 30 years ago , as I remember for a fiver, and was assured that it would last me a lifetime . Now look what's happened !!!
:o
Think I should seek compo? ;)

[quote name='Donnyboy' timestamp='1357671233' post='1926466']

I mean to say , I bought this quality leather (Aria) leather strap about 30 years ago , as I remember for a fiver, and was assured that it would last me a lifetime . Now look what's happened !!!
[/quote]

You may have understood. Lifetime guarantees are for the life of the product. When it breaks, that's the end of its life . . . . and the guarantee. :lol:

[quote name='Raymondo' timestamp='1357672079' post='1926489']
Definitely...........

He could use it to keep his trousers up ;)
[/quote]

not big enough, I'd reckon.. is he still kicking about?

thanks for the replies - I don't think I got anything in writing though - buyer beware :rolleyes: .

my pal got the same strap and his is still fine - b***erd - he's got 5 mandolins so he could maybe recycle it!!!

[quote name='Donnyboy' timestamp='1357671233' post='1926466']I mean to say , I bought this quality leather (Aria) leather strap about 30 years ago , as I remember for a fiver, and was assured that it would last me a lifetime[/quote]

To be fair, you're in Scotland and the shop you bought it from was next door to a chippy that did deep fried Mars bars, maybe they had low expectations of how long your life would be.

[quote name='flyfisher' timestamp='1357677607' post='1926671']
It also probably outlasted the lifetime of the animal that used it first.
[/quote]

This made me chuckle.

When I was a kid, my dad told me they let cattle etc live to a ripe old age and we only ate them after they had died from naturel causes!

Shop doesn't exist - its now a takeaway! I think think the owner got some promotional stuff and flogged it to teenagers at a profit ! How's about that then!
For the record , I've never had a deep fried mars bar ! What kiind of Scotsman am I? Anything else deep fried is ok ! Especially haggis , pizza, black pudding and fish ( no skin) and haddock of course.

Hehehe. Shop here had great warranties as long as you could produce the original receipt. What they didn't tell though was that the receipt was printed with ink that would disappear within half a year or a year.

best,
bert

Edited by BassTractor

[quote name='Donnyboy' timestamp='1357671233' post='1926466']

[/quote]

Was your bass OK? :sad:

[quote name='flyfisher' timestamp='1357672947' post='1926520']
You may have understood. Lifetime guarantees are for the life of the product. When it breaks, that's the end of its life . . . . and the guarantee. :lol:
[/quote]

If I saw that in the small print I'd find it so hilariously cheeky that I'd let it go :lol: