Why become a member? ×

63 Precision????

Here's the previous advert - [url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FENDER-PRECISION-BASS-1961-PRE-CBS-MADE-IN-USA-/321042615694?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&nma=true&si=ylsDJada%2FngLskeKkwArJgltG4c%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FENDER-PRECISION-BASS-1961-PRE-CBS-MADE-IN-USA-/321042615694?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&nma=true&si=ylsDJada%2FngLskeKkwArJgltG4c%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc[/url]

He does say in the listing that he'll let someone pay & collect, so bit of a get out. However, other than the neck plate (which could be original on a bitsa Precision) he doesn't say anywhere that it's an Original bass or give any year. We're all just putting 2+2 together.

[quote name='largo' timestamp='1357315218' post='1920900']
... he doesn't say anywhere that it's an Original bass or give any year. We're all just putting 2+2 together.
[/quote]

His previous listing for the exact same bass saysl;

"[color=#000000][font=Arial][size=1][center]Vintage Fender Precision Bass 1961 pre CBS[/center][/size][/font][/color][color=#000000]
[font="Arial"][size="4"][i]Made in USA[/i][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000]
[font="Arial"][size="4"]All original parts, no replacements. "[/size][/font][/color]

Did think about puttin a bid on this , see its gone to £555 ATM and as as already been stated strange how it was on before and didn't reach reserve of over £2000 with more info and now no info and no reserve !

[quote name='gub' timestamp='1357320118' post='1921045']
Wouldn't think you would as the ad now gives nothing away !
[/quote]

+1

The seller doesn't say what it is or isn't! Actually I've just realised that he has potentially been very VERY clever; watchers/bidders of his earlier listing may well come back to bid on this and get severely stung as he doesn't indicate what it is other than the briefest description... how can a buyer claim misrepresentation? :o Very clever. <_<

[quote name='Beer of the Bass' timestamp='1357296333' post='1920444']
The back of the body looks it's made of two pieces glued at a crazy angle. Did Fender ever do this? I've not seen this on [i]any[/i] factory made instrument, but I'm not a Fender expert by any means.
[/quote]

I've never seen that either, the shape at the neckplate doesnt like right either, too square.

No description, means no guarantee's at all either. Payment by Paypal only too, so no inspect, and then "no sir, not for me thanks", payment already bagged, take it home sonny!

Not for me.

[quote name='warwickhunt' timestamp='1357320552' post='1921057']
+1

The seller doesn't say what it is or isn't! Actually I've just realised that he has potentially been very VERY clever; watchers/bidders of his earlier listing may well come back to bid on this and get severely stung as he doesn't indicate what it is other than the briefest description... how can a buyer claim misrepresentation? :o Very clever. <_<
[/quote]

This. he know's what he's doing. Otherwise he would describe it as best he could.

[quote name='warwickhunt' timestamp='1357320552' post='1921057']

+1

[/quote]
Wow that is clever ! The more I think about it , this must be exactly what the seller is doing !

Here's one of he questions from previous ad ....
Q: Has the bass been refinished as i've never seen a natural finish on a really early precision.
A: The bass was originally painted white. It was stripped and varnished shortly after purchase as my dad discovered the blue dye from his jeans was staining the white paint!
21 Dec, 2012