Why become a member? ×

What brand are the Emperors new clothes ?

Black Coffee

[quote name='BassPimp66' timestamp='1355777298' post='1902701']
What's stupid and expensive here?
(1) the guy wearing 2 straps, instead of 1
(2) the guy buying hair conditionner to take care of his incredibly long goatee
[/quote]

It's just all wrong looking. If it was scratch and sniff would it be head and shoulders and goat ?

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1355698871' post='1901655']
Got to agree that the first time I tried one (unplugged) it didn't feel right...
[/quote]

Fair enough, I can see how the neck could feel really wrong, it's very... flat, if that's the correct way to put. Hard to describe. Got to say I love mine though :) (when it's working...)

[quote name='BassPimp66' timestamp='1355777298' post='1902701']
What's stupid and expensive here?
(1) the guy wearing 2 straps, instead of 1
(2) the guy buying hair conditionner to take care of his incredibly long goatee
[/quote]

That would be Damien Erskine (Peter's son!). Questionable use of beard-platting but an absolutely lovely guy and although he's not completely my kind of player, a great musician too.

[quote name='Doddy' timestamp='1355785147' post='1902833']
He's actually Peter's nephew. Awesome player....one of my favourites at the minute.
[/quote]

Apologies, yeh that's right. His lessons on YT can be incredibly informative, I like the fact he's obviously a good player but is equally out to help people too. Just strikes me as a good thing for him to be doing.

[quote name='bertbass' timestamp='1355693276' post='1901501']
[size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][b]Sonuus B2M Bass Midi Interface.[/b][/font][/size]
[/quote]

I had one of these for 1 day and sold it the next. Total waste of money. The thing just doesn't accurately track the notes you are playing and loses signal on notes below G2 (if you are lucky), which kinda misses the point of playing a bass. The person I sold it to thought so too, but he sold it after 3 days! Quite an achievement.

[quote name='shizznit' timestamp='1355793939' post='1902953']
I had one of these for 1 day and sold it the next. Total waste of money. The thing just doesn't accurately track the notes you are playing and loses signal on notes below G2 (if you are lucky), which kinda misses the point of playing a bass. The person I sold it to thought so too, but he sold it after 3 days! Quite an achievement.
[/quote]

Sonnus have come up with a GBP 200 wah pedal ... I bet you want to buy it ! :)