Why become a member? ×

Has the new classifieds section punctured a little of the GAS?

iconic

First off, this isn't a dig...honest guv's

This is without doubt the best bass chat forum bar none, great knowledge from members, some rib tickling comments, great portal for selling & buying, exellent unseen site support & software gardening and obviously the guys that do all the hard work we never hear from, they do so, without thanks (many thanks B) by the way!). I should add I'm sure the new classifieds section has been done for all the right reasons & has attracted many comments good (and bad, no one likes change!)....but has it stiffled the GAS?

It's been my first formal visit to post in the [i][b]'new section' [/b][/i]as I'm selling up my fleet of bass's. It could be me, I have a feeling that the new classifieds section has sort of lost a bit of that casual charm, I used to love about the old sections? And, I'm missing the comments, be they complimentary, throwaway, funny, tongue in cheek, or just plain waspish :) . That's what made it all seem more the friendly and matey & spontanious.

I know it's a buying and selling exchange still but...is it me....?

Most likely just me? Maybe I'm gassed out now (I don't really have a choice either) , but I always liked to window shop before, maybe I getting old?

PS great site still, don't ban me ;) BC's still the best!

Totally agree. Still a great portal to buy and sell but makes it much more difficult to casually drop in on an item and view potential interested parties, questions asked/answered about the item and price drops etc. more efficient but more clinical IMO.

[quote name='jackers' timestamp='1355166926' post='1894954'] [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/193461-bcs-new-classifieds-section-your-opinions-please/"]http://basschat.co.u...pinions-please/[/url] This thread covers alot of people's opinions :) [/quote] Oooh, I missed that thread..was it posted in the new classifieds section!

Joke, I can't turn my smiley on!

Edited by iconic

Now you come to mention it i believe youre right. I always used to have an idle rummage on the old style classys - now i cant be ####rsed to look through them. Its all a bit too specific and definitely a step backwards imho.

Yeah, it didn't really have the legs. Never mind. We tried it and listened to your feedback. I expect it to disappear soon to ease confusion as to where to list items.

It was certainly interesting to try, and through working on it we have met some new people who will help us with future developments so it served a purpose.

Cheers

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1355176042' post='1895148']
Don't really bother with the new classifieds,tbh... but then I am not on the hunt for anything either.
That didn't always stop me using/checking-out the old FS section, tho..

[/quote]

That's me exactly