Why become a member? ×

December Composition Competition

charic

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]There's even the 'Britain Today' theme.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]'Chav's Half Inch Santa's Reindeers & Sleigh!'[/font][/color]
[i]'While seasonal worker Santa was emptying his sacks at the house of single mum Lucy Spreads from Basildon in Essex...........'[/i]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Garry[/font][/color]

I have no problem with people drinking, I just find talking/reminiscing about it dull! :lol: (if you think about it, as a non-drinker, it would be like me talking about Jazz at a Folk club). I remember as a much younger man, going to the pub with the 'lads' and listening to them talk about how many pints they had and how sick Fred was and who did what stupid things.... it got [i]really[/i] dull after a while.

I have been thinking about the 'other' potential angles and have some things I can explore if I can get the time (Christmas don't half eat into your free-time, doesn't it?).

[quote name='Bilbo' timestamp='1354527715' post='1886889']
I have no problem with people drinking, I just find talking/reminiscing about it dull! :lol: (if you think about it, as a non-drinker, it would be like me talking about Jazz at a Folk club). I remember as a much younger man, going to the pub with the 'lads' and listening to them talk about how many pints they had and how sick Fred was and who did what stupid things.... it got [i]really[/i] dull after a while.

I have been thinking about the 'other' potential angles and have some things I can explore if I can get the time (Christmas don't half eat into your free-time, doesn't it?).
[/quote]

There is not a lot more f***ing boring than boring people talking about there boring and boorish drunken episodes. Bores the sh*t out of me but I laugh heartily and say fackin 'ell that must have hurt mate! Har har har! But inside I am dying.

I quite like the idea that this is a poor lonely fat fella with mental and physical health problems, who only gets any nice attention at Christmas and looks forward desperately towards it all year. The picture is actually taken in July. He has a dream that one day someone will fall in love with him and tries too hard to make people like him, but they are instead very wary of him. But the story has a happy ending, although no-one falls in love with him, a stray dog sits with him and when he wakes from his alcoholic stupor they become the best of friends and have adventures together :)

[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1354558177' post='1887358']I quite like the idea that this is a poor lonely fat fella with mental and physical health problems, who only gets any nice attention at Christmas and looks forward desperately towards it all year. The picture is actually taken in July. He has a dream that one day someone will fall in love with him and tries too hard to make people like him, but they are instead very wary of him. But the story has a happy ending, although no-one falls in love with him, a stray dog sits with him and when he wakes from his alcoholic stupor they become the best of friends and have adventures together :)[/quote]

Ha ha, you've got one fertile imagination, Nige! Love it. :D Thing is, I'm actually picturing that story when I look at the photo now!! (in my head the guy is played by Mongo from Blazing Saddles). There's a TV series here for the taking...

[quote name='steve' timestamp='1354579433' post='1887779']after just get back from seeing Gary Numan, I've been inspired to have a rethink. I've decided to scrap the story of the elves spiking Santas drink and go for something darker and more industrial[/quote]

^ I'm thinking along these lines too, Steve. Probably going to try something a bit more electronic and grimey this month. Although we did put the tree up at the weekend and like you, I started to get a flutter of feeling festive! Still, nothing that some mangled electronica can't squash ;)

In case anyone's interested in covering, parodying, bastardising or otherwise butchering a Christmas classic this month... here's a useful article giving examples of some popular Christmas songs that are - and aren't - in the public domain (i.e. copyright-free):

LINK: [url="http://diymusician.cdbaby.com/2010/10/dont-let-a-lawsuit-drain-your-christmas-cheer-holiday-music-and-the-public-domain/"]http://diymusician.c...-public-domain/[/url]

Edited by Skol303