Why become a member? ×

Thomann Returns

Has anyone ever had to send anything back to them? If so what are they like for replacements? I recently bought a Spector Euro 5LX from them and when it arrived the fret buzz was crazy on it, so much so that notes werent even coming out. Now I'm not very good at adjusting things so I sent it to the usual guy I get to adjust my basses, and he just rang me back saying I'd be better off returning it and that the nut is faulty on it and the bridge is up at its highest and its still causing a problem. :)

I've sent back 2 items to them and they've been great. Login in and go to their customer services area and email them. Much easier than phoning.

They'll arrange for the bass to be picked up.

Funnily enough the PSU for my Line 6 Basspod XP live faied today and I've just contacted them myself.

Peter

Dave_bass5 returned a Lakland bass to them and they refunded him more than he had actually paid for it. Turned out the prices had increased since he bought it. Poor fella was devestated :)

I use this example when explaing to my wife that buying a bass can be an excellent investment !

P

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='197502' date='May 12 2008, 08:46 PM']Will [i]Thomann Returns[/i] be followed by the sequels [i]Son of Thomann, Bride of Thomann,[/i] and (my personal favourite) [i]Zoltan, Hound of Thomann[/i]?[/quote]

MB1. :)
"Theres no lights on the Christmas tree Mother there burning Big Thomann Tonight!" :huh:

[quote name='Platypus' post='197476' date='May 12 2008, 08:26 PM']Dave_bass5 returned a Lakland bass to them and they refunded him more than he had actually paid for it. Turned out the prices had increased since he bought it. Poor fella was devestated :)[/quote]
This would be because of the € to £ conversion rate rather than price movement - they would have refunded the same amount of euros they had originally received. So it could go down as well as up.

[quote name='Jean-Luc Pickguard' post='198600' date='May 14 2008, 11:26 AM']This would be because of the € to £ conversion rate rather than price movement - they would have refunded the same amount of euros they had originally received. So it could go down as well as up.[/quote]

Yeah, i was gutted :-)

But yeah, Thomanns returns are the big reason i buy form them.
In 8 weeks i had 4 Basses from them.
First a MIM 50's classic. didn't like the neck so ordered a HW-One and go them to pick the MIm up. Didnt have to do anything other than put it back in the box, get a returns label from them and call UPS to come and pick it up.
I then ordered a Duck Dunn but when it arrived it looked used so i placed another order for another one. It arrived about a week later as they had to order it in but you have up to 30 days to return something so for a week i had both DD's at home. This gave me a chance to compare them. Sent the second one back as it didnt seem to want to set up properly (E string was too low but the bridge couldn't go any higher).
And yes, got a full refund at the current price.

Great people to deal with IMO.