Why become a member? ×

Considering something VERY different for me, but...

Telebass

...not so different that I'll throw it away after a few weeks!

I'm due to collect my Air Force pension lump sum after Christmas, so I thought I'd look at the possibility of the one bass I've wanted, but could not afford - a custom Status.

Now, I had my hands on a Washburn-licenced S2 clone once upon a time, and the sound was garbage, but then I dislike active basses with a passion. The playability and ergonomics, however, were a revelation!

So, I've asked that nice Mr Rob Green if he'll will make me a black headless bolt-on S2 with passive P-J pickups and VVT controls.
The man from Status Graphite, he say YEEEEESSSS!

So, as long as I don't bottle out over the next few weeks, I'm going to go for it!

Bit of a change from Precisions, no?
:D

Interestingly, our guitarist has recently received his army pension and instead of doing the sensible thing, like you are and buying his dream instrument, it seems that he's buying as many cheap guitars as he can. So far he's got about 20 and they're all stored in his attic as she who must be obeyed mustn't know that he's been spending money. We've never seen them but we hear about them all the time.

[quote name='Telebass' timestamp='1354551253' post='1887244']
I've bottled out.[/quote]

You were in the Air Force and you've bottled out?
Hardly cricket old boy! poor show! definitely second eleven don't you know, what?

daga-daga-daga-daga-daga-daga-daga-daga-daga-daga-daga

If you do go for the Status then make sure you play one as close to the spec you'd like first.

They are quite 'different' in feel and tone to something like a classic P so you want to make sure you can get on with one before committing your hard earned pension funds :)