Why become a member? ×

Help BC

ped

[quote name='apa' timestamp='1353874842' post='1879285']
Probably :rolleyes:

A
[/quote]

Aha! I see now, it's because you placed an order, as opposed to a donation. Those go elsewhere for processing, hence no email from me. Of course we appreciate it just as much as a donation, but my workflow deals with those emails separately.

So, a big thanks from me for your order. I went to see Dave today and his back office is like a sorting room! He even went out specially to buy you a padded envelope yesterday :)

Cheers
ped

[quote name='ped' timestamp='1353877081' post='1879333']
Aha! I see now, it's because you placed an order, as opposed to a donation. Those go elsewhere for processing, hence no email from me. Of course we appreciate it just as much as a donation, but my workflow deals with those emails separately.

So, a big thanks from me for your order. I went to see Dave today and his back office is like a sorting room! He even went out specially to buy you a padded envelope yesterday :)

Cheers
ped
[/quote]

Awww shucks thanks :wub: ...................... Your worth it :gas:

A

Hi guys

I have spoken to our new web developer today. We've discussed plans for ALL the updates and customisations we need, including a general site update to the latest software. It's going to be great to have the constant support we so badly need, but this is also going to either cost us quite a bit of £ up front, or it'll take a while for things to trickle through. Your donations thus far have helped us pay the costs incurred by the recent trouble with the malware thing and the random bugs here and there. We're really grateful for every one of them.

Some people have asked me 'how much should I donate' because they don't want to appear insulting by sending a small amount. Truthfully there is NO amount too small, but most people donate between £5 and £20.. please see i'm only saying this to help people feel less insecure about donating, rather than saying you need to donate a certain amount.

So please keep them coming in and I'll be able to send the new developer off with a list of jobs to do THIS WEEK, which will make the site better for us all.

Many thanks
ped

Good afternoon, Ped...

You really MUST get into the habit of putting the 'Donate' button on your each and every post, or, as an alternative, stick it permanently into the site header. One can't expect everyone to remember that it's available in the first post of this thread (hint, hint...). Please do this NOW (OK, after your cup of tea...). I add my tiny contribution, of course, as soon as I've finished this remonstrance. Help us to help you, please...

([i]No; do it NOW, not 'later'..![/i] :mellow: )

[quote name='ped' timestamp='1354374328' post='1885327']Some people have asked me 'how much should I donate' because they don't want to appear insulting by sending a small amount. Truthfully there is NO amount too small, but most people donate between £5 and £20.. please see i'm only saying this to help people feel less insecure about donating, rather than saying you need to donate a certain amount.[/quote]

Where's a "phew!" icon when you need one?

In recent months I've joined a couple of new forums, one that I tried to check out was mostly closed to non-subscribers, which involved an upfront £10 [i]annual[/i] payment (it was a Ford one). I'd prefer to see the quality of a place before being told what to think it was worth. However, a similar one asked for - but didn't demand - a one-off joining donation of £5-£10, for which you received a car-sticker to promote the site with......... and to be clique-y, not that a Ford owner can be in a clique, but you know what I mean.
Knowing what suckers bassists are for having assorted stickers on their cases ( :blink: huh? - it's just me? :( :blush: ) I thought that idea might have legs?

I would also love to buy stickers, and I think they were included in the original list of new merch for sale when the shop was going to re-open (which it did in September IIRC), but I seem to recall Ped saying that the samples he got weren't of satisfactory quality for the price, or something along those lines...? Can anyone help?

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1354384370' post='1885457']
I would also love to buy stickers, and I think they were included in the original list of new merch for sale when the shop was going to re-open (which it did in September IIRC), but I seem to recall Ped saying that the samples he got weren't of satisfactory quality for the price, or something along those lines...? Can anyone help?
[/quote]

In order to have some decent vinyl stickers to sell if have to spend some cash on stock and also post them all myself which just isn't possible currently.

OK guys

Had a busy weekend and we have now fixed a few issues; all we have left is the image uploader and a few small niggles.

We're looking ahead now; I've secured the services of a great developer who has the time to commit to being the BC tech guy, long term.

He has a list as long as my arm so as the money trickles in we can knock them down. Where the problem for us before was finding the support and being able to communicate our needs to those who offered, it looks like we're now settled on that front.

Thanks to all who have donated thus far; I've just sent off a bunch of thank you emails to everyone, as ever, to your paypal email addresses.

The donations box is back on the homepage and I'll also have a link in my signature soon, good idea!

Cheers to all
ped

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys

I've just met a lovely lady from Worldpay; we're setting up a card payment gateway for those of you who don't use PayPal. It will enable us to reduce prices as they don't take such a cut.

Problem is we have about £50 now after having just paid the tax return for Jan and Worldpay setup fee is £150. With the recent development costs we're up against it!

Last time I updated everyone I was amazed at your generosity and we managed to completely pay our last bill.

Thanks again
ped

[quote name='Oopsdabassist' timestamp='1356338711' post='1909232']
Thrown some pennies in the hat Ped, def a good cause!
[/quote]

Thanks, that's great! I had the notification email this morning and when I reached for my phone Nellie stepped on me and punched me in the eye! She doesn't like being disturbed lol

Cheers
Chris