Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Back in a band and excited again !!

tonybassplayer

Due to a number of factors I decided to leave the band I was in a couple of months ago as it was just not fair on them as I was having quite a few logistics etc problems. They are a great bunch of guys and although I had only been with them six months we had become good friends and they were gutted.

The new guy settled in well but we kept in touch and as fate would have it I have sorted out my logistic problems ( stopped all the weekend working etc ) and they have just emailed me and asked me would I consider going back as the new guy has decided to leave !

Still a few things to sort but we are rehearsing a week on Wednesday and I can't wait !! Feel to be in a better place mentally than I have for years at the moment so looking forward to helping them take it forward.

Ahh I know the feeling buddy! My main band had been on hiatus for a couple of months (drummer and singer had, well, I'll say some differing opinions.) So during that time I started depping for a friends band (usual pub covers). Today, had a full rehearsal with the main band and it just felt like we'd played together yesterday! Tis a good feeling indeed! All the best mate, hope it continues to feel good!
Mark

ive found keeping a band together to have become a much harder prospect than it used to be, i haven't been in a proper band for over a year now just cos finding people who stick together seems to be so hard.

nice one on getting back in a band you were settled with, the buzz of being in a band thats doing something is amazing