Why become a member? ×

FS: Sei Bass Jazz fretless 5 - SOLD

Russ

So, very reluctantly, I'm going to sell on my Sei Bass Jazz fretless 5-string. It's a beautiful, amazing-sounding bass, but, after the bash the other week and having a go on WalMan's Wal, I have decided I really need one of those in my life, so, much as it pains me, the Sei has to go. :(

Here's the specs:
Ash body with stunning, multi-coloured spalted maple top
Maple neck with macasser ebony unlined fingerboard (it does have lines along the side of the fingerboard)
Red side LEDs
Black Hipshot tuners and ABM bridge
Nordstrand pickups (MM / J)
East U-Retro preamp (treble/bass/mid/mid frequency/treble boost/passive tone) with MM frequency centres (for that proper MM-esque tone)
19mm string spacing at bridge
Weight approx 8.5lbs (very light)
Hiscox hardshell case included

The bass is just over a year old, took 21 months to build, and has never been gigged or even rehearsed with, and is in absolutely pristine condition. No marks, cracks, buckle rash or anything. It's also the best sounding fretless I've ever laid my hands on - it mwahs like crazy, the B string is rock solid, and, thanks to the Nordys, has a massive, thick tone. It even sounds awesome when slapped or picked, and not many fretlesses can boast that. :)

I'm looking for [b]£1800[/b]. I'd prefer the buyer to collect - I'm in Croydon, but could meet up somewhere in the South London or M25 area.

Here's some pictures (you can see bigger pics at http://www.flickr.com/photos/russellwark/):

Edited by Russ

[quote name='Russ' timestamp='1350636735' post='1841444']
So, very reluctantly, I'm going to sell on my Sei Bass Jazz fretless 5-string. It's a beautiful, amazing-sounding bass, but, after the bash the other week and having a go on WalMan's Wal, I have decided I really need one of those in my life, so, much as it pains me, the Sei has to go. :(

[/quote]

After hearing you play it I have the same issue!

Gorgeous looking bass, so have a bump on me. 21 months to build, is Martin growing the wood himself. I'd also say don't do it! My only memory of my Wal was how heavy it was & I'm sure with the John East circuit you'll get a very close tone to the Wal one.