Why become a member? ×

Musicman/Ernie Ball Sterling. Cherryburst matching headstock *SOLD*

warwickhunt

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Manufacturer: Ernie Ball / Musicman[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Model: Sterling[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Country of origin: USA[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Body: Ash (one piece)[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Neck: Maple[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Fingerboard: Maple[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Pick-ups: Nordstrand[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Preamp: Musicman[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Hardware: Musicman[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Finish: Cherryburst with matching coloured headstock[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Case/Gigbag: Original branded Musicman[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Extras: N/A[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Weight: 9lb 1oz[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Positives: Excellent condition. No worming or dings at all[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Negatives: N/A[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Price: £875[/font][/color]

Mint condition Sterling and a beautiful player. I've been told that it is unusual in as much as it has a one piece body (they are generally centre-joined 2 piece) and the colour matched headstock was a customer option. This has been owned by me twice and a couple of other BCers and all have had good things to say... odd that we have sold it but there you go! I'm not prepared to haggle on the price (despite there being cheaper Sterlings for sale on Basschat) as this is a cracker and despite downsizing house in the near future, I'd happily hold onto this and flog one of my others! Just been set-up and strung with a fresh set of D'Addario Nickels.

Edited by warwickhunt

• 2 weeks later...

I would dearly love this bass back, I only moved it on as a part of a trade for a ken smith, which I eventually had to sell, I notice the nice pearl plate I got for it has been jettisoned, a fantastic bass and very striking in the flesh,great punchy musician sound and a great neck, I was extremely fond if this bass, still trying to pass my driving test (very exoensive)and a new baby girl on the way, so will not have the cash for this in a while, I will keep my eye out for her though.

Edited by lee650

• 4 weeks later...

Does it still have the the Nordstrand I put in it? Great bass made even better by that pup. One of the very best basses I've owned.

If I didn't already have too may basses AND I'd have spotted this earlier AND I had the money I'd have jumped at it.

Edited by GreeneKing

• 9 months later...