Why become a member? ×

Does this even exist?

Evil Undead

Doubtful. The Dave Hall VT1-EQ does Bass in, Headphone socket, MP3 in, Volume and lovely EQ but no drum machine. It'll power to 8Ω speakers but only as a practice amp (around 1Watt).

It's got a great quality DI too, so you could gig with it if there were facilities for using on stage monitoring from the mixer.

Failing that it'd be a Tascam Bass trainer (but relies on mp3 tracks uploaded via USB, so no line in) or similar.

[quote name='Evil Undead' timestamp='1348522671' post='1814864']
I'm in need of a decent but not too pricey headphone amp.

I want it to have

Bass in
Headphone socket
MP3 in
Volume & basic EQ
Built in drum machine

If it can double as a head loud enough for a small-medium venue (into a 4ohm 2x12, even better.

Does this even exist?
[/quote] drum machine would be the thing that you may struggle with... laptop with one into the line (mp3) in could work instead.

I have one of [url="http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/bass_effects/korg/pandora_px4b/index.html"]these chaps[/url]

[b]The good news[/b]: It does all you require, except power a speaker - can still be used live though. Has an aux in for yer CD, mp3 or whatever. Has a useful little sampler built in, so you can play a phrase/chords in and loop it to play along to.
[b]The bad news[/b]: Having just looked for a link for you, it seems that they aren't manufactured anymore :huh: . ebay may be your friend in this instance.

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1348525303' post='1814914']
drum machine would be the thing that you may struggle with... laptop with one into the line (mp3) in could work instead.
[/quote]

Yeah. My current head does all that I listed except the rhythm patterns... that and I can't fit it into the pocket of my gig bag :/

[quote name='SteveK' timestamp='1348525528' post='1814919']
I have one of [url="http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/bass_effects/korg/pandora_px4b/index.html"]these chaps[/url]

[b]The good news[/b]: It does all you require, except power a speaker - can still be used live though. Has an aux in for yer CD, mp3 or whatever. Has a useful little sampler built in, so you can play a phrase/chords in and loop it to play along to.
[b]The bad news[/b]: Having just looked for a link for you, it seems that they aren't manufactured anymore :huh: . ebay may be your friend in this instance.
[/quote]

I'll keep an eye out :) thanks

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1348526597' post='1814938']
did the Line6 bass pod live XT have a rythem thing built in?
[/quote]

Not a clue. I find line 6 stuff a bit complicated though.

I find it odd that this doesn't exist. To me it seems like a great tool. How hard could it be to add a drum machine to a micro head? :)

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1348557944' post='1815049']
Harder than you think. Take a look at the "control panel" of any decent drum machine ... that's a lot of buttons. Where are you going to fit all that on, say, a GK MB-500?
[/quote]

True. You have a good point.

What I want really is just a few patterns (some good 4/4 and 6/8 rock, blues, pop & metal beats) and a way of changing the tempo.

[quote name='Evil Undead' timestamp='1348556576' post='1815032']

Not a clue. I find line 6 stuff a bit complicated though.

I find it odd that this doesn't exist. To me it seems like a great tool. How hard could it be to add a drum machine to a micro head? :)
[/quote] depends how good you wanted it to sound and how fleible. Agree on some line6 stuff used to have a pod xt live very complex, just got one of the original bass pods in a trade, need to sell it but mercifully simple

[quote name='Bigwan' timestamp='1348566568' post='1815171']
I'm assuming powering a speaker is an afterthought. The pandora mini covers everything else i think. Just ordered one myself actually!
[/quote]
Ah, so this is the latest version of what I linked to. I thought that my Pandora PX4B was mini enough (about the size of a large cigarette packet).
Looks to be exactly what the OP's after.

[quote name='SteveK' timestamp='1348568129' post='1815205']

Ah, so this is the latest version of what I linked to. I thought that my Pandora PX4B was mini enough (about the size of a large cigarette packet).
Looks to be exactly what the OP's after.
[/quote]

Yeah i went looking for the px4b after reading this thread. Then the 4d version which is when i happened across the mini. Use BIN on evilbay as it's exactly what I've been looking for myself! When i said just ordered one i meant JUST ordered one (like 30 seconds ago!)!!!

It doesn't fit your gigbag pocket, yet...

[url="http://www.roland.co.uk/products/productdetails.aspx?p=940"]http://www.roland.co.uk/products/productdetails.aspx?p=940[/url]

drum patterns are usable, I use them to practice timing on some harder riffs

I have recorded through it, reasonable DI, and it can be heard on its own. Dunno about gigging with it, though... :)