Why become a member? ×

What is...........

deefer_dog

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1347637917' post='1803482']
Says the man with a dressed up performing David Bowie as his avatar...
[/quote]

David Bowie gets away with it, just about, because he's David Bowie! I'm not, and I'm under no illusions that I'm a rock star. I'd rather just be honest and present myself as I am on stage. I'm talking about me here, obviously.

[quote name='spinynorman' timestamp='1347630974' post='1803323']
Pic 2 reminds me of ....

That is what you meant, isn't it?
[/quote]

No. No, it [i]wasn't[/i]. :lol: Bluesmen look good in suits.

One of the reasons I left a particular (blues) band was because the guitarist proudly declared "I always wear a waistcoat at gigs ([i]Oh.....[/i] ) And one of those Australian hats with the corks dangling from the brim." The urge to kill him where he stood was almost irresistible.

[quote name='Wil' timestamp='1347638254' post='1803491']
I'd rather just be honest and present myself as I am on stage.[/quote]

Isn't that a bit pretentious? :P :)

Fact is, peoples, whether it's jeans and a T, a suit or a full-blown costume, one has to look [i]sharp[/i]. I have no doubt Wil does.

[color=#ffffff].[/color]

Edited by skankdelvar

I wear whatever I'm asked to wear,so it can be anything from daft themed costumes to full on dinner suit. Usually it's either
all black (shirt/trousers) or black trousers,a shirt and shoes(not trainers),sometimes a jacket too.I've also got a good selection
of hats that I like to wear sometimes(baseball caps,caps,trilby,pork pie etc)
I pretty much never wear jeans or T-shirt on a gig(unless specified)...maybe on half a dozen gigs in the last 5 or 6 years.I
think that you need to make an effort and at least cultivate an image.The audience should know who the band is even when
they are not on stage.I don't like the attitude of wearing the same clothes on stage as you've worn all day for dossing about.
I always change at least my top between setting up and playing.

I
[quote name='Wil' timestamp='1347633045' post='1803362']
Jeans and t shirt. What I'd wear if I were watching a band. I dont like the idea of dressing up to perform, I think it's a bit pretentious personally.
[/quote]
Seems somewhat pretentious to be pretending that you're part of the audience and not part of the band.

[quote name='Wil' timestamp='1347633045' post='1803362']
Jeans and t shirt. What I'd wear if I were watching a band. I dont like the idea of dressing up to perform, I think it's a bit pretentious personally.
[/quote]

Why's it pretentious? I've never seen a successful band that hasn't done some form of dressing up on stage..even if it's in the
form of dressing down/don't care. It's all part of the image that they portray.

I love wearing a suit on stage and I hate going on stage in my everyday clothes ... but that's because I'm still a Mod at heart.

As for those blues guys, I'm guessing that when Muddy Waters or Howlin' Wolf or whoever got a nice pay check, they were straight out buying a sharp suit and shoes and probably a large bottle of bourbon.

[quote name='Blademan_98' timestamp='1347651014' post='1803721']
It depends on how drunk they are :blush:
[/quote]
I once had a guy come up to me after a gig and ask me what I thought of my band, before telling me he'd known the band for years and could get me into any of their gigs. :huh:

He was very drunk. :)