Why become a member? ×

kit Richardson

Pete Academy

I was reading a thread where Nige (silddx) had posted and decided to have a good listen to Kit Richardson. f*** me, this is amazing music. Kit has an awesome voice, the recording and production is great, and the musicianship is top class. Nige, your playing and sound are brilliant, and I love the bass part on track 3.

I wish I lived in London, so I could see you guys play.

[quote name='Pete Academy' timestamp='1346962885' post='1795496']
I was reading a thread where Nige (silddx) had posted and decided to have a good listen to Kit Richardson. f*** me, this is amazing music. Kit has an awesome voice, the recording and production is great, and the musicianship is top class. Nige, your playing and sound are brilliant, and I love the bass part on track 3.

[/quote]
Pete, thanks very much mate! That's really kind of you to say. So pleased you like it!

[quote name='Pete Academy' timestamp='1346962885' post='1795496']

[/quote]
I also meant to give much credit to Basschat's 51m0n for his superb mixing and mastering of the ep. He did an incredible job. He's so good at this and he should really be doing this for a living.

[quote name='Clarky' timestamp='1347050257' post='1796566']
I watched Kit, ably supported by Nige and the crew, at the Half Moon in Putney recently. Very good stuff but - for me - it would be a lesser spectacle without Nige's trademark black leather trousers and chrome-bling Warwick :)
[/quote]

Me and and Big Red X are the Basschat 'black leather pants and blingy bass' boys :D I think we deserve our own sub-forum :lol:

I also have a pair of leather trousers. However, mine are in a suitcase on top of a wardrobe in the spare room – kept as a souvenir of the 80s! Fair play to anyone who can still carry them off but not me anymore unfortunately…..

I have heard a couple of Kit’s tracks that Silldx has posted here. The first (a while ago), I wasn’t too keen on but the last one was great! An obvious Kate Bush influence (not a bad thing in my book) but a good song and a nice voice. I need to make a point of listening to more sometime soon…..

Edited by peteb