Why become a member? ×

Foo Fighters BBC3

seashell

Killer band. Great live show. Taylor Hawkins once squared up to our drummer when he (our drummer) was drum tech for spinal tap at live earth. Makes me think he may be a dick as our drummer is a really nice chap who wouldn't hurt a fly.

[quote name='nottswarwick' timestamp='1346021299' post='1784295']
Turned it on in time for Monkey Wrench (been out giggin)

Sounds good. I love Taylor Hawkins as a rock drummer. Love playing a coupl of theirs in a band I drum for sometimes. Tonight however he seems to be trying harder than usual to destroy his kit. Settle down my man.
[/quote]

Taylor is the man! I took an ex-gf along to an Alanis Morissette gig for her birthday (she was the fan...not me!) and Taylor was her drummer back then. I noticed his incredible drumming way before he joined the Foo's. The rest of the band were quite ordinary, so he sticker out like a sore thumb. One one my fav drummers. Most drummers would pass out after 30mins if they played like him!

saw them at Leeds on Friday. My young son is a big fan, Grohl his hero and TH his favourite drummer.

I'm not much of a fan, but an amazing performance by the FF. Hawkins was out of this world.So much energy!!
Rufus Taylor did a great job guesting on drums playing Tie your Mother Down.What a song live!

I think the problem seeing anyone covering the Foos is that most cover bands don't actually go for it live...they tend to stand still and concentrate. Half the adrenaline rush from seeing this band is the fact they absolutely love every second of it. Everyone can get in that zone no matter what your age (Pat Smear is in his 50s!).

I've always thought as the Foo's as a band which you quite like.....I just never really get excited about what they do.

Some great - amazing - tracks, obviously a good solid live act, but for me they've always just lacked that special something.

Maybe it's just me! :(

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1346018423' post='1784262']
Pat Smear is essential purely because he is dead cool.
[/quote]

Yep, he just has this look on his face when playing that says "F*ck me, I`m in The Foo Fighters, and I`m playing to thousands of people". You can see how much he enjoys playing, and that in itself is a quality I wish more musicians had.