Why become a member? ×

A brace of Precisions

Old Horse Murphy

Well, yesterday proved quite fruitful. 2 new P basses to the fold. In all honesty, I was looking for only 1 but sometimes something is too good to pass up on.

First up is a 1977 natural P bass that came to me in a trade. The colour of the body and the headstock is amazing and the overall condition is great. I put a set of D'Addario Chromes on it last night and gigged it. It was fantastic.

The second deal of the day was for a 2001 USA P Bass in a light blue finish (unsure exactly what it is- think it's Sky Blue) that I owned previously but had sold on. It's now turning a lovely greeny colour similar to a light Surf Green. It's fantastic and I haven't seen many around in this colour.

I'm not sure whether I'll keep both as I have another P bass already, but at the moment I'm enjoying their company :)

[quote name='Donnyboy' timestamp='1342977319' post='1743355']
Nice - I particulary like the blue/green/grey etc one - the colour does remind me of a old car - an old american '50's style that should have lots of chrome 'n'stuff.... :unsure: . Move over Jeremy Clarkson!!
[/quote]

:) I know what you mean. I've seen VW Camper vans in this sort of colour

Beautiful basses both ;) , did you not fancy the Elixirs on it? They're literally days old, so I'd flog them if you can. In fact the empty box is still on my kitchen table!!

Edited by Rayman

I LOVE P-Basses, those 2 are awesome, COngrats.

Here's a FCS that is on my short list of "Basses that I am dying to buy, don't REALLY need another bass, but I can't stop":

It's a '59 NOS. Love the pickguard and the ashtrays, etc.

[quote name='Rayman' timestamp='1343073809' post='1744916']
In fact I'll buy the Elixirs back Nick if you don't want them? My Thunderbird could use them.
[/quote]

No worries Russ. I'm back in the office on Thursday but drop me a PM in the meantime and we can sort something out.