Why become a member? ×

Fender 50s classic P (tastefully modified) FT/FS £450 Price Drop!

cocco

So I have two P-basses ATM and every time I go anywhere near them I end up picking up my T-40. With that in mind I don't see the point in keeping two. This one is a 50s classic in black, modified with a black scratch plate, chrome pickup and bridge covers and a Duncan SPB-3. It has two small dings, one in the forearm contour (you can't feel it when playing) and one on the lower part of the neck pocket (again un-noticeable). It has that big ole 50s baseball bat neck, sustain for weeks and a nice action.

For trades I'd consider pretty much anything apart from other fenders, 80s ibanez/japtastics, maybe a corvette $$, a Jazz with a P neck. Anything with two P pickups, maybe an early BC Rich NJ. Probably no 5 or 6 strings though. More pics later. Straight sale price £470

[IMG]http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h373/ashrome/468e5bb7.jpg[/IMG]

Edited by cocco

My favourite pbass ever! I had one with some of the same mods: black scratchplate and I put in an American standard bridge. Stunning basses and must be played to realise just how good they are.

Good luck with the sale.

andy

Since I bought one of these it may as well be the only bass I own. I put a Hipshot D tuner on it so I never have to put it down during gigs and suffer playing anything else! If I ever lost it I'd get another without blinking.
The neck and frets are the best thing about them.

I can't recommend them highly enough.

• 3 weeks later...

would you be interested in a lovely old Status Energy like this one
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/230/dsc00077kd2.jpg/

JJ config, cooooool D shape graphite neck, punchy as hell, cuts through any mix, and more than a match for a Warwick IMHO...

can send more pics and info if so