Why become a member? ×

ANOTHER RIC ON THE WAY

geofio

i have tried in vain to get away from rickenbackers , i just can not do it!!! another one on the way, will be here today, i dont know what it is about those basses they keep me coming back, any one else have this addiction ?? cheers

Edited by geofio

[quote name='Clarky' timestamp='1341838793' post='1724849']
Mr grumpy, Nige!

Ignore silddx, George, he is in a bad mood (see his thread about post gig depression). Whatever makes you happy, mate!
[/quote]

:D

And, of course, if they make you happy that's wonderful. I do think the 4001 is one of the most beautiful looking basses around.

+1 on the addiction here.

I've been playing these ever since I could (barely) afford one, I've had quite a few.

I too have tried at times to get away - but I just can't do it - and TBH, I don't want to.

Us Ric players can retain our smugness that we in the elite! :D

Welcome back to the club, Geofio!

BTW - what are you getting - colour, etc...?

Edited by spongebob

thanks spongebob, i was nervous about this one, you just never know if it is going to be a good one, i am pleased to say she is a cracker great looks and sounds awesome, a few adjustments and new strings and she was sounding just fantastic, glad to be back in the club, and so pleased shes a cracker!!!! 2006 4003 jetglo

Edited by geofio

i know what you mean musicman20, this 2006 4003 has a real chunky valute, just getting used to it, and the neck is a lot chunkier than any other rickenbacker i have owned , its all interesting, i tried about 8 brand new 4003,s in a shop and not one of them sounded any good the E strings were duff, so glad this one worked out. George

Nice one George. Unless you happen to be Chris Squire I think jetglo is [i]the[/i] classic ric colour, never been that keen on any other ones other than the CS cream model. I see you have the PU cover still on....only a matter of time! ;)

They have a certain sound up to a point (why buy a bass for that sort of money that sounds like any other bass?) but the 'one trick pony' thing gets a little overdone - does late Beatles McCartney sound like Chris Squire? Do either of them sound like Lemmy? how the players play, what they play through and things like string muting at the bridge can radically affect what the final sound is.

cheers spongebob, when i first got the bass, the strings were all hanging out the headstock, there was zero tone, ripped it apart cleaned it all adjusted everything to my liking, got the zymol out!!! new set of swing 66, and instant rickenbacker piano tone. superb.

[quote name='geofio' timestamp='1341962306' post='1727270']
i know the feeling tony, i felt that i had to try other basses, tried them and i didnt like them, i feel at home on a rickenbacker. just glad i found a good one so quickly. cheers
[/quote]
Exactly the same for me but with Warwick.

[quote name='geofio' timestamp='1341962306' post='1727270']
I feel at home on a rickenbacker.
[/quote]

Yep same here, I have got an old Fender Jazz now as well, but I always seem to use the Rick, it just feels right somehow. Mind you the Jazz could do with a re-fret. :)
I'm glad you got sorted out. B) Here are my pair below:

[attachment=112782:Fender Jazz 1974 Rickenbacker 4001 1975.JPG]

Edited by clarkpegasus4001