Why become a member? ×

New MusicMan website

Machines

Doesn't do anything for me, sorry. When I visit a guitar website, I want to see saucy pictures of the guitars reclining on silk sheets (well, you know what I mean), not planks of wood ('The Process') in a Flash presentation that is too big for my display (my screen resolution is 1024x768)...I can see wood going through surface planers on the Discovery Channel any hour of the day.

Having a quick look at the Bongo pages, I'm still a little staggered that a company of this size doesn't actually have some well photographed images of the actual model in all the available colours, with the actual hardware/scratchplate options, rather than some quick and nasty rollovers that display other models. If it's an available option, then they must have a demo model that can be photographed to serve the purpose. At the very least, do a job of it in Photoshop.

While writing this epistle, I remembered looking at the site Nissan set up for the Qashqai car...this was some time ago (they've changed it since, but this is still way better). That's how options should be shown. [url="http://tinyurl.com/4ly3pq"]Nissan Site[/url]

First impressions are it's a bit of a cut and paste job. Horrible.

P

[quote name='NancyJohnson' post='185030' date='Apr 25 2008, 07:53 AM']While writing this epistle, I remembered looking at the site Nissan set up for the Qashqai car...this was some time ago (they've changed it since, but this is still way better). That's how options should be shown. [url="http://tinyurl.com/4ly3pq"]Nissan Site[/url][/quote]
Didn't show up within ten seconds. I left.

The disparity between form and function will only continue to increase as web "designers" insist on using Flash more and more, and people using them are taken in more and more by the glitz and ignore the functionality and search optimisation.

[quote name='NancyJohnson' post='185030' date='Apr 25 2008, 07:53 AM']While writing this epistle, I remembered looking at the site Nissan set up for the Qashqai car...this was some time ago (they've changed it since, but this is still way better). That's how options should be shown. [url="http://tinyurl.com/4ly3pq"]Nissan Site[/url][/quote]

Websites are very expensive to develop - and you can almost guarantee Nissan have an in-house team to do it all for them. Musicman are a relatively small company in the grand scheme of things, even Fender (biggest guitar company in the world ?) don't have every colour combination on their site.

Presentation style notwithstanding, I like the look of the all-black "Stealth" style Bongo IV H/S.
(Can I admit to liking Bongos in public?)

Out of curiousity, I Wiki'd Bongo, and uncovered;

[b]Operation Bongo II[/b]- [i]a controversial experiment in which 1,253 sonic booms were unleashed on Oklahoma City, Oklahoma over a period of six months in 1964 [/i]
Maybe that's why it's called "Bongo"?!

The history tells us the 'new' Stingray was around in 1976. Which fits perfectly well with my understanding.

Then goes on to tell us the first Stingrays were introduced in 1984. In fact it tells us that twice.

There's probably more mistakes but the whole site looks like a 6th formers exercise so I shut it down and wonlt be back in a hurry.

[quote name='matty589' post='186904' date='Apr 27 2008, 11:56 PM']Oops, missed that!
The C is still going to fall off the edge of the fingerboard.
And that bottom horn will dig into your leg![/quote]

Join a band and play standing up :).

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='186958' date='Apr 28 2008, 06:52 AM']well i dont know much about stingrays and sterlings and the like but that site has told me nothing.[/quote]
So far, Sterling Ball's [url="http://www.music-man.com/bsj"]blog[/url] is fun, with a few interesting stories about his dad, Ernie. I didn't know that the company really got going with Slinky strings, which were basically re-packaged Fender strings, while Ernie was also teaching. He did so much sheet music piracy that he endorsed Xerox copiers. :)